Friday, August 30, 2013

Day 4 ~ Manzanita Beach

 manzanita-34

It's our family vacation tradition to take Wednesday as a day to spend apart to do whatever we'd like to do.  It keeps everyone enjoying one another for the rest of the week. :)  We had a wonderful day.  We started at Manzanita Beach, went on to Cannon Beach and then stopped at Pacific City for dinner and to summit the sand dune before heading back to Lincoln City.  I loved this day and I think I said to Dan at least 50 times, "I love the beach."  I really, really do.  Ours isn't sunny and the weather is far from predictable.  The water is cold, it's often windy, it can rain at any time...but it's what we know and love. 

We drove North to Manzanita Beach and played in the sand, jumped waves, and of course took lots of photos. Dan always pulls the kids aside and whispers into their ear about how this is important to Mama and to please cooperate.  And for the most part, they do.  (At least for a while).  It's very sweet.

manzanita-3


manzanita

This sweet boy is growing up so fast.

manzanita-4

manzanita-2

manzanita-6

manzanita-5

manzanita-8

manzanita-13

manzanita-7

My life.  My loves.

manzanita-9

manzanita-10

manzanita-11

manzanita-12

This little girl adores her Daddy.

And then it was time to have a little fun on the beach!  We changed the kids into bathing suits and headed back to the sand!

manzanita-14

There was sand castle building....

manzanita-15

And sand castle disappointment...

manzanita-16

That didn't last more than a few seconds.

manzanita-17

I love to see the kids' fascination at the beach.  Watching how the sand fills with water, feeling it between their fingers and toes....

manzanita-18

Our masterpieces.

manzanita-19

And then it was time for a little wave jumping!

manzanita-20

This little guy was the first one into the water.  He LOVES to jump the waves.

manzanita-27

manzanita-26

manzanita-23

Matthew is right there too!  Though I think he might enjoy exploring the sand/beach a bit more.

manzanita-29

manzanita-30

manzanita-32

manzanita-21

manzanita-2-3


manzanita-25

manzanita-24

The love of my life.

manzanita-31

A little more Mom indulgence.

manzanita-35

manzanita-3-2

manzanita-33

One last picture by our sandcastles and it was time to get back into dry clothes and head to Cannon Beach!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel like I am reliving our summer vacation. I just love the days there. If there was one thing that I would have loved, it would have been a house on the Oregon Coast.

Carwin said...

Those toes look ok to me, haha