Thursday, August 29, 2013

Lincoln City ~ Day 3 ~ Family Photos

beach 3

It is so rare that we see our extended family that I wanted to take the opportunity to take some family photos.

beach 3-3

There were 6 kids in my Mom's family. My Aunt Linda, who passed away 5 years ago this September, was the youngest.  My Uncle Butch (George) is the oldest.  My mom was 4th.  Uncle Butch looks JUST like my grandfather.  Really, the resemblance at this age is startling.  His only child is Dennis, pictured on the right and his "significant other" (of approximately 25 years...I'm guessing) is Marcia.  We consider her family.

My Uncle was the volunteer of the year for OroValley, AZ last year.  He has volunteered for the police force for years.

beach 3-4

Uncle Buch and Marcia (pronounced Marsha).

beach 3-5

The Royer family.  My Grandfather's side of the family is French, (from Callais, France).  My Mom is 1/2 French and my Grandfather is responsible for the nose that you see repeated in this photo.  We call it the "Royer nose."  Apparently it's a dominant gene.  It's even more prominent in profile. :)

beach 3-6

I love this photo of my Mom. She looks so happy...she really loves her brother and is so happy when they are together.

beach 3-2-2

A great photo of Mom and Mike.

beach 3-7

Mike's family.  We were trying to get through these quickly (the children were not excited about this exercise at all and it was COLD) and so sadly, I didn't notice that Michelle was positioned funny in the photo until after we were inside and looking at them on the camera.

beach 3-8

beach 3-9

beach 3-14

beach 3-10

beach 3-13

beach 3-11

I love this photo of Mom and the grandkids.  I had to do some photoediting to get it though because what I didn't notice until later was that one of the Grandkids had to go to the bathroom.  And you could tell in EVERY photo....

beach 3-12

Exhibit A of why I could never be a professional phototrapher.

And Kaitlin insisted on holding her imaginary baby.

beach 3-18

I love this photo of Mike and Michelle.

beach 3-15

At this point, as evidenced by my hair, it had started raining.

beach 3-16

So while I'm not crazy about how I look in them, they are still nice to have.

beach 3-17

Can you tell that Andrew is all done with pictures?

beach 3-20

Sweet Matthew was game for one more.

beach 3-21

I didn't get a good family photo as it was raining and by that point the kids were toast.  But it wasn't a problem as we went back and did professional photos at the beginning of this month which turned out great.

I actually have more photos that I wanted to post from this day of our relaxing afternoon and some beach fun.  But they'll have to wait for the next post.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Great pictures, Kathy! And what wonderful memories you are making for your dear family.

Jo said...

Your shots are beautiful ~ as they always are! How fun to be able get together and spend such quality time with each other.

Jo