Saturday, August 31, 2013

Andrew's 8th Birthday ~ Family day

 andrew family bday-2

andrew family bday

Some of my favorite days of the year are my kids' birthday.  I love having a family celebration and spending time together and saying "yes" to things to which I would normally say "no."

 The birthday child gets to choose what to do on their birthday and Andrew chose to see a movie.  (I think it was Epic...this is the problem with updating my blog months after the fact!) 

Dan got off work early so that we could all go to the movie together.

  andrew family bday-3

This video game is always a draw when exiting the theater.  The kids always want to sit on the motorcycle and inevitably ask, "Can we play it."  And the answer is always "Not today."

Except on this day!  Being a Birthday and everything is just a little more special, it was nice to say, "Yes!"  Dan played a game of air hockey with the kids as well and then we headed out to Red Robin (Andrew's choice) for dinner.

andrew family bday-7

andrew family bday-9

The exciting thing is always the song and sundae ~ which we always pass around the table and share.  (I'm big on sharing ~ even on your birthday.  I think it helps nurture a generous heart.  But the birthday child always does eat first and the most).  :)

Then we went home for gifts and cake!

andrew family bday-4


andrew family bday-5

Andrew received a Lego Set and a head lamp ~ so that he could read in bed at night (which he uses every night!) and he was most excited to receive an ipod shuffle so that he could listen to music.

andrew gift

andrew gift-2

Then it was time for cake!

I did a quick cake for Andrew with a camo print I had ordered online and then when it came realized it was way too small and had to execute Plan B.  Andrew really wanted to use it so I did a little cake for him and he was thrilled.  It looked like a grocery store cake to me.  But as long as he was happy! :)

andrew family bday-6

AJZ Bday cake Collage

It was a very fun day celebrating our very special Andrew!

No comments: