Saturday, August 31, 2013

Beach Photos

My friend Katie uses a photographer that she knew in high school that has done lovely photos of her family.  The photographer decided to offer beach sittings ~ which has been a dream of mine, to have professional family photos at the beach.  And so when she opened the appointments I snatched one up!  And thanks to a sale she was running, I ended up with a fantastic deal...it was so worth the effort, though I was nervous about how we'd be able to execute it.

We made a 4pm appointment.  Got ready at home, sprayed tons of hairspray in everyone's hair and headed to the beach.  We found a bathroom we could all change in, freshened up and walked right to where we were to meet the photographer with 10 min to spare.  I was really worried about the logistics, but it all worked out great!

I pulled out clothes from the boys' closets that we had, Shannon lent me a beautiful dress from her girls and I treated myself to a new top.  It all worked out great!  I couldn't resist snapping a few photos of my own....

beach photos

I changed Kaitlin into this sweet outfit (also borrowed from Shannon, though the wand was a party favor from a party we attended ~ how great did that work out?!)  And we did her 5 year photos as well.

beach photos-3

Kaitlin could have danced and twirled in this dress all afternoon.  She loved it and was NOT happy with me when I had her change out of it.

beach photos-4

beach photos-2

beach photos-5

beach photos-6

My sweet Matthew.  Who is getting so grown up.

beach photos-7

Oh this boy...his personality is just evolving.  I love to see his joy and sense of humor flourishing. 

beach photos-8

And this is the sweetness who still says, "Mama, I'm going to change into my Pajamas and snuggle you."

I know better than to turn that down, as I never know when it'll be the last time.  So I welcome it, and snuggle him as long as he'll let me.

beach photos-9

beach photos-12

I am blessed beyond measure with these children.  My heart is so full.

beach photos-10

beach photos-13

Each of them are so different.  So special in their own ways.

beach photos-14

beach photos-15

beach photos-16

beach photos-17

I tried not to get Shannon's dresses too wet and had Kaitlin change into shorts when she wanted to go play.  She wasn't pleased, but obliged.

beach photos-18

And of course, I can't forget Andrew.

beach photos-19

If there's a puddle, this boy will find it! 

beach photos-20

And Dan snapped these of me....doing what I love.

beach photos-21

Getting wet to get a shot.

beach photos-22

We changed the kids (again) and headed to Hearthwood for the crab sandwich that I love there.

beach photos-25

beach photos-23

And then ice cream, as promised.

beach photos-24

I adore the beach.  Just seeing these photos makes me want to go back.  Cannon Beach is one of my favorite places in the world and I'm delighted to have photos on my wall preserving the place Dan and I shared our first anniversaries before having children, and now where we enjoy time together with our young family.

1 comment:

Katie said...

love, love, love! (especially love the photo with Andrew and the puddle, his refleciton is so sweet ~ such a great picture!) Looks like a wonderful day at the beach...I am so thankful that everything worked out for you and your photo shoot. Makes me want to book one for next year :)