Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's Day ~ Family

vday

We returned home from school and I sent the kids upstairs while I prepared for Valentine's Day.  They kept calling down, "Are you ready yet?!"  They were so excited to come downstairs.

I love to set a fun table on a holiday and I love to give a little gift.
The kids love it too.
It doesn't have to be anything big...but if it's wrapped, it feels exciting. :)

Truth be told ~ and it's probably evident by my blogging ~ I'm just struggling to keep up this year.  Every year has a different rhythm depending on school schedules/activites, etc.  This year I often feel a step behind and really am often just trying to be prepared for what is essential to make it through the next day.

Valentine's Day was no different.

I was lucky that Mom happened to bring some treats when she came for Kaitlin's birthday party.  I set them aside and was VERY grateful for them on Valentine's Day!  I plated the treats and went through my holiday bin and just pulled out things I had bought (usually on sale after the holiday is over) in years past and put together a table.

 vday-5

The flowers from Kitti's birthday were starting to turn but worked just great for our purposes. 

vday-3

I was happy with how it turned out.  Not bad at all for having just purchased some sweet hearts, straws and heart marshmallows!  (And some little gifts to follow)

vday-9


The kids were anxiously awaiting to come downstairs.

vday-2-2

I love to see their happy faces.

vday-3-2


vday-2-3

The strawberry milk from Kaitlin's birthday made an encore with heart sprinkled and a sugar rimmed glass.

vday-3-3

Neither Dan nor I can recollect what we ate that night.  Clearly it wasn't memorable! :)  This is the trouble with not staying up on my blog...the memories quickly fade these days!

vday-4-3

There were some sweet dinner time snuggles.

vday-6

I had some little gifts for the kids.  Dan and I don't really exchange gifts, but I did think that day, "I hope Dan gives me some caramels...."

vday-10

And look what he did!  They were perfect!  And delicious!

vday-7

The kids were very excited to open their gifts.  They each had a small box of chocolates and an activity book that suited their interests.

vday-8

They really did like their gifts but I had trouble getting this shot so their smiles looked a little forced by the time we took the photo. :)

vday-6-2

Our little Valentines.

vday-5-2

The kids changed into their PJs for a family movie.  Andrew was so cute and put on his red/white PJs all on his own for Valentine's Day. :)  The kids (especially Andrew) LOVE cotton candy when we go to the fair and ask for it whenever they see it anywhere.  I put one in their little treat bags and it was their movie treat.

vday-5-3

I snuggled in on the sofa and fell asleep at 7:30.  I was so tired! It was a busy, but very happy Valentine's Day!


No comments: