I really enjoy going on the kids' field trips.
Some more than others.
Some are really great, and others I go home and think, "God Bless teachers."
This was a field trip that was really fun for the kids, and really tiring for the chaperones! There were two children assigned to every adult, and that was definitely an appropriate ratio. When 1:00 rolled along I was ready to go, but I was really glad that I went and got to see Kaitlin and her friends exploring & discovering willy nilly, their way through the museum. Shannon and I had 4 kids between the two of us, but it seemed like they were always running in opposite directions. We finally figured that it was simply better to scout out the exits to the room and guard them rather than try to trail the children.
The water room is always a favorite for the kids.
The kids shopped for groceries in the "grocery store", they took care of Animals at the "Animal Hospital", they did a performance on stage, and decorated their own faces! Kaitlin did ask for me to draw the dolphin on her forehead.
I certainly never claimed to be an artist.
The kids were VERY pleased with their handiwork.
That would be a pony on Kaitlin's chin. "NOT a beard."
We were all told to dress in red so it would be easy to spot our class. It worked really well.
The girls also did clay art and some rock wall climbing!
When it was time to go, an attempt was made to organize these little balls of energy into a class (really 2 classes, the am and pm class) photo....
And this was when we called it a day, and Black Beard and I headed home!
1 comment:
Hands on museum field trips are my all time favorite! The children are so engaged in their interests and they are learning so many skills while having a blast! The downside as a teacher ... I'm exhausted for days from all the energy ;)
Jo
Post a Comment