When we see that little line on the stick turn up that tells us that our life is about to be forever changed, we certainly don't picture the challenges that lie ahead.
Followed by an email.
Then there was today.
A lot of rain.
And hail.
And an OT appointment with some testing for motor skills/focus.
"Below Average."
And then there was a formal letter received in the mail.
The kind that comes on school letterhead.
Signed by the principal.
And then there were tears.
And then ballet.
And an aching heart.
A questioning mind.
A weary body.
A drive home.
Patience lost.
Cereal for dinner.
Unfolded laundry.
A messy house.
A long talk on the sofa.
Some stern words.
And more tears.
Someone else's this time.
And then a lot of hugs.
Words of affirmation.
Words of confidence.
Encouragemet.
Love.
And then I saw this.....
Dr. Seuss is wise.
And then there was this....
Which says to me....no matter what, we're in this together.
I might be humbled greatly as I stumble down this road of parenthood.
But at the end of the day, a good day, or a bad one, there's always love.
And while it might not be exactly what I anticipated.
Most of the time it's better.

3 comments:
Kath.....what a day/week indeed but you are SO right. At the end of the day good or bad you have a sweet loving boy and you are an incredible momma! It is hard this road we are on as parents and sometimes it is harder than others and the paths are unknown. We can only do our best to make the decision we are capable of making and praying for the best for our little ones. Love you friend...I hope the sun shines tomorrow just for you!
I'm sorry for your hard day (and heartache and tears). I've been there and know the weary, awful feeling. As far as the below average grade on the OT test, just think about the progress he has made. He might still test "below average", but he has made great strides. And his picture is so sweet. I hope you have a sunny weekend!
Well, that made me want to cry, but I guess that life is like that! Gosh, I love you, wish I could make it all better as I was reading your blog but then you're all fixed with love, how beautiful, will just keep praying!!!, love,
Post a Comment