Friday, March 1, 2013
Real Time Check in
I am so woefully behind on my blog. I'm working on Kaitlin's birthday posts right now, but they take a while...I think that qualifies as a "restful" sabbath activity. It definitely feels like a luxury these days, so I'm hoping to have a bit of time on Sunday to work on that.
I snapped the above photo before church one day when the kids were looking so cute. Kaitlin insisted on the gloves. :) She has grown like crazy as that dress was quite large on her not very long ago. They have all just sprouted recently. I can't believe how big they are getting.
Last week the OT and I noticed some very significant differences in Andrew's motor skills. I have a video and photo to post when I have time to download them. But I'm SO happy with the changes that we are starting to see. We still have a ways to go, but this last week was the first time I really thought, "Wow! We could eventually get discharged!" (What a relief that will be on many levels!) Not that I didn't think it would happen, but changes before were so slow before that this feels quite remarkable and made me feel very optimistic! We've completed 18 hours of listening therapy with a potential of 42 more hours of sensory motor and 40 hours of attention/focus modules. I am so pleased with what we're seeing and am excited to see where we are at the end of treatment. It feels so good to feel like time, energy and resources are being well spent and bearing fruit. What a journey this has been.
The Sabbath observance is going well. I am really actually enjoying it! Though I am on the move from sun up to sun down trying to fit in all that I need to during the week. But it is worth it and so enjoyable for the whole family. I think this is something that we will commit to trying to maintain even after lent. While I knew these things in theory before, I'm realizing on a different level that there will always be things that need to be done. I will never be "caught up". As soon as I cross something off the list, something else will just be added. So it really just needs to be a discipline for me to designate a day of rest. As we are doing this, I'm starting to see how really important that is and how beneficial it is to our well-being. I do feel less prepared for the week on Monday, but so far, I am able to get caught up.
Here are some photos of my first Sabbath observance.
Michelle and I went to brunch and to the Ballet! We went to see Swan Lake. And it was beautiful. Though neither of us realized it was a tragedy! I do prefer a happy ending....but it was stunning nonetheless.
We went to a restaurant in the Pearl District called Brix for brunch...
Upon being seated, they serve these delicious warm doughnuts. That pretty much sold me on the place right there.
I always love my time with Michelle. We enjoyed a leisurely brunch, chatting away and then headed to the Ballet. It was a wonderful day! I came home and enjoyed a game of Scrabble with Matthew while Dan played a game with Andrew and Kaitlin. It was really nice.
Another random story.
One night I got home and in the shadow of the night I saw the outline of a mouse in our driveway. There was a period of time when we caught 15 mice in our garage so with dread I crept quietly toward it. I got closer and it didn't move. I took another step and it didn't move. Until finally I realized it was a plastic mouse!
This was many months ago. Since then, the mouse has become an unspoken game. It randomly shows up places. One night I came home late and nearly jumped out of my skin as I passed by the garage refrigerator and it was peeking out on top of the refrigerator door! Then, when I went to pick up Michelle it happened to be in Dan's car. So I snapped a photo so I'd remember to record the story.
This is the kind of stuff that goes on in our house.
Have a good weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
The children look so sweet ~ love the gloves, she's a hoot! What a fun {girl}afternoon out and to beable to wrap the day up with a fun game with Andrew sounds like the perfect ending.
Umm ... mice and I don't really get along well after one {or a family} built a nest in my engine and chewed the battery connection.
Jo
Tell Michelle I love her dress!
Post a Comment