Friday, March 1, 2013

Fox School Dance ~ A Luau!

luau-4

Matthew and Andrew's school sent home a flyer one day that they were having a school dance.

You should have heard me ranting about that one.
My mind flashed back to our Jr. High and High school dances.
I had a lot to say about how ridiculous it was and about how the kids are way too young to be having dances and on and on....

The kids really wanted to go.

So, Dan and I took the kids.

It was so NOT what I pictured.

It was more like a carnival with a DJ and music.

The high school kids were there painting faces and doing hair....
 luau-2

My conservative Matthew even let loose and requested blue hair!  It matched his blue teeth from the candy he indulged on.

luau-3

Kaitlin opted for a butterfly on her cheek.

luau

While Andrew selected a stick of Dynomite.

luau-11

This turned out blurry, but Kitti and I had a lot of fun dancing.

luau-5

She LOVED the dance.

The thought of being intimidated or insecure does not even cross her mind.  She was immediately out there with the big kids on the dance floor.

luau-6

In fact, she's in the middle of that crowd.  I was a little concerned about her falling and getting stepped on, but she came running out....

luau-7

Matthew even let loose and danced with me.  The DJ was a lot of fun.  We were disco dancing here. :)

luau-8

And in spite of my original opinions, I had a lot of fun.  :)

luau-10

The DJ started a Conga line and look who was one of the first to hop in line.  Our party girl was having quite the time.  I hope she stays this happy and confident.

 luau-9

Andrew spent most of his time running around with friends so I don't have a lot of pictures of him.  Though he did sprint by at one point with this inflatable monkey.


Classic.

luau-12

Stephen sat next to Matthew the first day of kindergarten and they've been friends ever since.  Karen, Stephen's mom is really nice.  Dan and I took Andrew and Kaitlin home for bed while Matthew partied the night away (until 8pm) with Stephen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh what fun memories. I know the kids had a fun time - even mom let down her hair I see!