Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Life According to my iphone

I love looking at the photos on my iphone.
It's all the day to day moments that really most accurately portray what our life is like right now.

Here's the latest installment of Life According to my iphone....  (These are not in any sort of chronological order because I don't have time for my perfectionistic ways of the past.)

My poor friends (mostly Shannon and Diane) endured photo after photo being texted to them of my house cleaning progress.  What sweethearts they were to never text me back and tell me to please STOP.  :)  Here's one of my coat closet.  I was quite proud of the door organizer I installed one afternoon.


Dan and I started what is certain to be our annual diet in January.
(3 lbs to go....)
This was a light salsibury steak recipe that I made that was actually pretty good!
 Oh look!  I organized the tupperware drawer!


 These two cuties came down the stairs informing me that I was about to have a makeover. :)


Grace did a lovely job on my hair and didn't charge near the price of my normal stylist.

Andrew got an ALL STAR week on his behavior report.
A Frosty was definitely in order.


Things always get worse before they get better.  
I emptied several cabinets and resorted the contents on the dining room table so I could better organize them.  It worked great.   I highly recommend this. It helps you to see what you have so you can better eliminate excess.


Me and Andrew.
Just because.

Oh look!  
I organized my cake decorating supplies!
I've been one busy girl, I tell you.

A note like this is worth photographing.

Listening therapy commenced...

Someone entertained themselves with a box of bandaids while we waited to pick up the boys.

That would be my silhouette on the bottom right of this poster at church. 
Dan chaired the "communications" committee for the capital campaign to remodel our church.
Therefore, I became a "model."
When I told a friend I had a "modeling engagement" for our church (being funny) she quipped,
"Are you hand modeling?"
Ha!  
Touche'.


 Look who learned to pump the day after her birthday!
"Because she's five."


This little one asks to buy flowers every time we go to the store.  
She LOVES flowers.
So she was indulged for her birthday party.
She was in heaven to carry these through Costco.


We traded in our gymnastics clothes for ballet once again.
I realized the day before it started that she had outgrown her leotard from last year.
Off to the store we went!  
There wasn't much selection, but this was the winner....


Andrew and I at OT.
Waiting for his music to end so we could leave and do the long drive home.
We've started listening to books on CD in the van to pass the time.


Matthew read scripture at church at the Ash Wednesday service.
He did such a great job.
We were so proud of him!!


Helping out at the first grade class on valentine's day.
Listening to a story after recess....
Andrew is in navy.

The end of another busy wednesday.
Every other wed. I help in Andrew's class.
Then quickly feed Kaitlin lunch after pre-school.
I pick up the boys from early release and feed them a quick snack.
Drop off Matthew and Kaitlin at Shannon's.
Drive 40 minutes to OT.
Back to get the kids, drop Matthew off with Dan to go to K2 Live at church
 and I head to ballet with Andrew & Kaitlin.
On this night we went from ballet to Ash Wednesday service.
I am always so happy to get home on Wednesdays! 
(Matthew was at K2 with Dan so they aren't pictured).


Andrew was lunch helper today.
I snapped this as was in the hall sharpening probably 200 pencils....
I sharpened for an hour and a half straight!
It's the least I can do for our teacher who works so hard!


 I laughed so hard when Kaitlin came home on Valentine's Day with the cookie that I worked so hard to make for her little friends.  Her beautiful cookie looked like this when it came out of her backpack....


Hopefully the other kids fared better!
I would be lost without my sense of humor!

Dan finally had an opportunity to use his birthday gift card on some Maui Jim sunglasses!
Which do you think is best?  Option one...


 Two....


Or three?.....


Our friends said 3.  
And while they are fun, Dan said he wasn't an aviator kind of guy.  
He went with two. In person they look really nice. 

Shannon had the opportunity to chaperone the field trip to Pet Smart!
She was kind enough to text photos.
Look how tall Kitti is!

She has shot up!
She woke up SO excited to get to pet a bunny and Shannon sent this photo along.
So glad it worked out for her....


 3 of my favorite girls....


Mom came to town and Dan and I had a date night!!
Silver Linings Playbook (SO Good!)
In the "Parlor Room" at Cinetopia.
So fun!!!
He snuck out and surprised me by ordering Mud Pie.
Definitely not on the diet.
It was heaven.

 I enjoyed Gracie for the afternoon.
They asked for lunch at Wendy's and I obliged.
They were SO funny.
The best quote was Grace saying that
"Logan is a Tom-girl."
(Because he likes to dress up in the girl clothes!) :)
Could they be any cuter?


Like I said, not in order.
Little Besties at Pet Smart.


A friend texted me a self portrait.
I texted one back.
 Dan gave me this beautiful corsage on my birthday.
We had just returned home from brunch.
A lovely day.
39.


Shannon gave Kitti a gift Card to the American Girl store for her birthday because she knew we were making a trip.  We had to send a photo of the outfit Kitti bought with it.
(Post to come sometime in the next year).
Annabelle got a new dress!


 Lunch at the American Girl Bistro with Nana.
Such a special day!
Nana bought Kaitlin "Caroline" for her birthday.


As I cleaned out the bonus room I came across old photos of me that I shared with a friend.... 
Kindergarten and first grade.  Andrew's age!

 

 I LOVED this pink dress as a child and remember it.  It had a bell sewn into the pettiskirt.


This photo cracks me up.
I was such a little pudge.
My crooked smile was much more pronounced then.


 Kaitlin's book collection has grown and grown basket by basket and has been making me crazy.

 



I don't want to invest in another piece of furniture until we know what would work best for the long term future.  A little bench from Target fit the bill and made all the difference and actually looks really cute!  We had the pink bin from her nursery and it fit perfectly!  Nana might be called upon to recover the cushion.... :)



Our OT is a hoot.  She made OT fun at Christmas time.  
Andrew was pulling Santa on the sleigh as a reindeer.
Flashing nose and all.





I had some "help" baking....Andrew turned on the mixer a little too high.

Sigh.

No person, item, floor, or chair was spared.


This little Love very quickly came down with an ear infection one afternoon and fell asleep on the sofa.
We were waiting to get into the Dr.  So precious.



The boys were cleaning out their Junk "Special" drawers.
Oh. My.


The rule is, they can keep whatever fits in the drawer.
We did manage to get it all cleaned up.



The nurse at Andrew's Psychiatrists office is so nice and lets him play with the blood pressure cuff while we wait for the Dr.
He LOVES it.


Happy Birthday Jesus!


Like I said, totally not in order....
Cute little reindeer.


And perhaps what I am most excited about these days.

A sample of Andrew's writing from this year....



And a sample after we've started meds and have been doing ILS.....


This was the inside of my birthday card. (We are sitting on the sofa watching Winnie the Pooh and Pooh is on TV stuck in Rabbit's hole).  Can you believe the difference?!  It brought tears to my eyes.  The fact that this paper is not lined, and yet spaced and organized is HUGE.  What a gift.  I can't even say what seeing this difference does to my heart.  It is remarkable.  And I am SO grateful.  Andrew is doing so, so well. 

And looky here!  A recent text to Dan from David.
A photo of David with Jessica.....



Notice her finger?!  Big big news!!  Looks like we'll be getting to attend a wedding!!!

And that's the latest of life according to my iphone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just ran across your first grade picture also! I loved sewing dresses for you when you were small. When Walt bought me that Viking sewing machine, he told me I didn't have to wear it out in one year. Years later when I took it in to be reconditioned to sew bridesmaid dresses, the repair man at the sewing store said he had never seen a Viking sewing machine worn out before. I don't think you ever wore the same dress twice. I was so much fun to sew for you.

Jo said...

You are one busy lady! It's nice to know that I have friends riding the crazy train with me. Yay for Andrew and all his accomplishments ~ it's it great when it all comes together and you can see results from the hard work?! This is my favorite part of being a teacher. You are a beautiful model sweet friend :)

Jo