Sunday, April 24, 2011

Coloring Easter Eggs

egg dyeing 2011

After we returned home from the Egg hunt we colored Easter Eggs. We tried a couple of different things. They really enjoyed painting the eggs the most. We decided next year to try dyeing them and then painting them a bit after they dry.

20110423-IMG_6172

20110423-IMG_6176

20110423-IMG_6163

Dan and I got in on the fun too.

20110423-IMG_6174

20110423-IMG_6185

20110423-IMG_6189

20110423-IMG_6190

Katie finished them off with a healthy coating of "Pixie Dust."

20110423-IMG_6211

20110423-IMG_6232

2 comments:

Jo said...

What fun! Clearly Katie is took the task seriously.
I actually got Nicholas to "help" with Easter eggs this year.

A few thoughts ...
1. Where did you get your apron? I've been looking for one in those colors.
2.Those egg cups belong in my home:)

Jo

Kathy said...

Hi Jo,

The apron is a couple years old (I love it too!) I think it was actually a TJ Maxx or Home Goods find!

And about the egg cups ~ I KNOW. Aren't they cute? I bought them when I was a newlywed at Pottery Barn I was thinking when I pulled them out that they'd be cute with flowers in them and place cards tucked in! I'll have to file that idea away....

Saw your comment on the other post and yes I agree, let's catch up this week.
k.