Monday, April 25, 2011

An Easter Treat

20110423-IMG_6255

After we colored Easter eggs Matthew had a baseball game. I stayed home with Andrew and Katie because Andrew was in need of a nap.  (A rare but occasional occurrence).    It isn't a holiday without some sort of cupcake or cookie decorating, so I got things ready for a little cupcake decorating.

20110423-IMG_6257

Matthew and Andrew are actually getting pretty good at it!

20110423-IMG_6267

20110423-IMG_6271

Katie still subscribes to the piling technique....

20110423-IMG_6264

(A side note: I took Katie in for a hair cut and took off a couple inches. Her hair is fine like mine and breaks so easily. The ends were really thin and wispy...it looks so much better. She was very excited to go get her hair cut and requested that it be "cut long.") :)

20110423-IMG_6316

20110423-IMG_6285

20110423-IMG_6292

20110423-IMG_6308

Even though the cupcakes were for after dinner.  Someone couldn't resist a taste!

20110423-IMG_6318

I did some decorating too :)

We took advantage of the sunny weather and went for a walk around the neighborhood. It was SO beautiful out! We bought lemonade at a lemonade stand. Took cupcakes to our pastor's house. (Where Dan offered the insightful advice to our pastor and his wife, who is also a pastor ~ if they are stumped on their Easter sermon ~" a good starting place is to talk about Jesus"....Thankfully they know Dan and his sense of humor quite well. :) ) We met another neighbor for the first time.

We came home and watched the Blazer game (we recorded it) which was SO good!  I'm not a huge basketball fan, but it was such an exciting game ~ my brother, sister in law, nephew and sister in law's mom were there!  What a great game to see in person!  

We put Katie to bed after dinner and read the Easter scriptures to the boys.

It was such a nice day (I know everyone is wearing different clothes than the previous post ~ the kids changed into cooler clothes after we colored eggs, but it is the same day).  From start to finish it was wonderful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Dan could offer up a topic for Easter. I'm sure Fritz got a laugh out of that. The Easter pictures are adorable. Missed being with you all, but I did have a fun weekend. Love, Mom