We celebrated the last day of our summer vacation with S'mores on the back patio. Dan and I set a S'Mores making record this summer.
The First Day of School clothes are ironed and ready, Matthew's backpack is packed and ready to go...things are in order for the big first day of First grade tomorrow.
That is, except for my heart, but it'll catch up.
I took some fun photos of our Gooey evening of S'Mores....
And then because the pool came down, the swings went back up and the kids had a fun time swinging. Andrew had lost his confidence with his ability to pump and has been requesting pushes. Tonight he mastered his skill again and was swinging away like a big kid. He was thrilled with his accomplishment.
After spending some time pushing Andrew and encouraging him to pump his little legs on his own, I came in to finish the dinner clean up. Andrew came inside and told me that he started pumping on his own. He said,
"I don't need pushes anymore, thank you!"
(He really did say it that sweetly).
I said, "That's great, Sweetheart!"
He went out the door and turned and smiled at me through the window.
I blew him a kiss,
He blew me a kiss,
He smiled,
shrugged his shoulders in his cute little way,
put his arms in the air like Superman
and ran back to the swing.
It was a small moment that I don't want to forget.
1 comment:
The best part of this post - the picture of Kaitlin - gooey smores in hand - complete with the pearl bracelet.
A true Southern girl if I do say so myself. :)
Good luck today with the big start to First Grade! I'll be thinking about you!
Post a Comment