Saturday, April 17, 2010

Tulip Festival 2010

family tulip festival

We made our annual trip to the Tulip Festival today. I told Dan that if it's any indication of how we're going to feel after going to Disneyland we should have started strength training 6 months ago!

Whew! There's nothing like a day out with the kids in fresh air, with lots of people, lines and activity to make me feel really old. :) Honestly though, we had a great time, and all returned home a little sun kissed!

We went with our dear friends, which always makes it fun.

IMG_4202 edited

The tulips were nothing short of spectacular, and I could have stayed all day taking photos and practicing my photography. But I had other family members with something else to say on that matter.

You AREN'T allowed to pick the tulips in the fields--and Kaitlin kept picking them!! I'm such a rule follower so I was completely embarrassed. Between Kaitlin's picking of the tulips and Andrew's falling on them there is an aisle of tulips that won't be quite the same this season after our visit. Such is life with small children. It did make for a sweet photo though. The tulips were one of the few things that made Kaitlin happy--she was a bit of a grump today! I'm not sure what has been going on with her lately, but she's been a tad grouchy and wanting to be held a lot. I'm hoping it's her molars moving in and my happy girl will come back soon.

IMG_4437 edited

The food was delicious! We agreed that we had the best sausage of our life today. It was so good. Sauerkraut and grilled onions....it was great. The kids were able to do some fun rides and activities afterwards, and the Bug rode her first pony! So I have more to share, but for now I'll end with my little men who treated me to some smiles amongst the tulips (and made me so happy!)

IMG_4252 edited

I hope you're all having a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful tulips, beautiful smiles, beautiful family!

So far, so good. I can't wait to see more!

xo,
diane

Andrea said...

I miss the tulip festival. We lived on Whidbey for 5 years and that always gave me hope the gray days were over. I can't wait to go back with better camera skills and really capture the color!

Shans said...

It was such a fun time! So glad we were able to go together this year! That photo of the boys turned out so great!