Saturday, August 31, 2013

August Wrap up!

And here is the wrap up from our August! 

aug misc 2-2

This little one has become quite a reader.  We were waiting for Matthew to get a haircut and I brought books along for the kids. Since I am actually writing this in January, I can report this little guy loves to bury his nose in a book.  It surprises me and delights me to no end.  Andrew is my one child who always surprises me and keeps me guessing as he changes and grows ~ he keeps things interesting!  :)

2aug misc _-4

2aug misc _

We  picked wild blackberries along side the road one night and then came home and ate them over vanilla bean ice cream.

 2aug misc _-2

I did a little baking with them as well.

 2aug misc _-8

Yum.

aug misc 2-4

We had a delightful visit with some sweet friends.  Here is Kitti with Miss Clara.

aug misc 2-3

The boys adored miss Maggie, as you can see by the expression on their faces.

2aug misc _-9

What's not to adore?


aug misc 2-5

And of course Kaitlin couldn't help but to include Clara in her imagination.

 2aug misc _-7

We got ready for fall soccer!

2aug misc _-6

We celebrated August birthdays with friends we wished we got to see more...

2aug misc _-5

Reagen is a wonderful mom and a great parenting resource.  I love our visits.

aug misc 2-6

We went to Alderwood Park with some of our favorite people.

aug misc 2-4-2

We had never been there before and the kids loved it!

aug misc 2-6-2

I think paddle boats were the hightlight.  A ton of fun and a lot of laughs!

aug misc 2-2-4

I continued to work on Andrew's writing through summer.
This paper looks exceptional.  As I'm writing this in January, I can report that it is still a major struggle. It frustrates the both of us to no end.

aug misc 2-8

And we sadly started getting prepared for school.  Not an inexpensive venture with 3 school aged!

aug misc 2-9

August turned into September which brought the end of summer, the beginning of school and a memorable (and wonderful!) trip to Disneyland!!

I did lots of labeling.

aug misc 2-10

We took our box of bills and change that we save and saved (and saved!) as a family to the bank for our Disneyland trip!  This was so great for the kids.  They willingly contributed and they really understood the expense of the trip and the length of time it takes to save for something so special.
Every time our jar was filled we'd sort and count and put it into baggies.  They loved it!

And when it was nearly time to go, I enjoyed a relaxing morning with Shannon....

aug misc 2-11

And got a Disney - colored pedicure!

aug misc 2-12


No comments: