Because I'm so behind on my blog I forget about some of our little day to day funny things that happen. However, this photo triggered a memory.
My hair dresser who passed away (Stephanie) taught me how to cut Dan's hair. I've been doing it ever since, so probably around 5 years. We often cut it at night, in poor lighting, always in the garage. Often, I'm tired and in a hurry to get to other things.
So one night Dan went out and set everything up as he does, and I went out, anxious to get back to what I was doing and picked up the clippers and took a few sweeps up the back of his head and noticed that a lot of hair was coming off. I started to say, "Boy, your hair has really grown since the last time we cut it." I got out,
"Boy, your hair has really...
Uh-Oh."
And then I started laughing hysterically.
Because I realized I forgot to put the guard on the clippers! Dan looked at me with wide eyes, put his hand to his head and said, "What did you do?!?" I was laughing so hard I couldn't talk, tears were rolling down my cheeks, it was SO funny.
I just love to laugh like that.
Of course there was nothing to do but finish the job. It was so funny. Fortunately, Dan actually ended up liking it and cuts it like that himself now and it gives him a longer time between hair cuts! And really, his hair (what is left) was so short it wasn't that big of a difference anyway. But it was great for a laugh.
2 comments:
Love this story!!! And it made me laugh from my belly, too! I can just hear you (and Dan's questioning, "what did you do?") These are the moments in life that are so fun to capture in a blog ~ I bet it will bring smiles and laughs for years to come.
How does he feel about pay-backs ?!?
Jo
Post a Comment