Saturday, July 6, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

I love being a Mom.

I always wanted to be a Mom and it's one of my greatest joys in life.  I'm so grateful for the opportunity to mother these sweet children whom I was entrusted with.  Each of them challenges me & blesses me in a different way.  I love each of them uniquely & completely.  God gave me the perfect kids.  They aren't perfect.  But they're perfect for me.  I often just look at them and say a prayer of thanks for them.

~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ . ~ .

Our Mother's Day this year was very low key.

 mothers day-2

Dan was away with Matthew for a K2 Live retreat.  I took Andrew and Kaitlin and we went to Richland to do Mom's community garage sale. 

The kids did a lemonade stand and also spent time with Grammie/Grandpa.  So it worked great.  We had Dan's mom & Dad over in the evening for dinner & S'More's and to celebrate mother's day with them.

mothers day-4

Winnie always has lots of pretty, potted colorful plantings so we bought her a plant in a colorful pot (that Kaitlin picked out).

mothers day

 mothers day-5

First S'Mores of the season! The kids loooove to do this.

 mothers day-6

 mothers day-7

They had baths and then went back out to sit by the fire again.

 mothers day-8

Kaitlin and Andrew wanted to sleep on the floor together.  When I went  in to check on them they were so cute.  Love how Andrew is clutching his bunny, Henry.

On Mother's Day morning, Andrew and Kaitlin brought us muffins in bed on napkins.  It was precious.

We gave Nana her cards & a gift....

 mothers day-9

mothers day-11

Which was a little flower charm for her bracelet.  Because Nana likes jewelry.  And flowers.  And Nana doesn't really need anything, and so we gave her a bracelet that we could buy charms for a while back so that we'd have gift ideas for her!  We're crafty like that.  She loved it, so it works out great.

mothers day-12

Mom surprised me with a Vera Bradley tote and wallet that I loved.

We snapped a couple of quick pictures and then we headed out for breakfast before leaving town.

mothers day-13

 mothers day-14

We headed home.  Dan prepared a nice dinner for me, and we just had a quiet day at home.  I think one of the sweetest moments was when I went to read to Matthew on my bed that evening.  He was laying with his head on me while I was reading and I noticed his breathing had changed...he had fallen asleep.

 mothers day-15

Dan walked by as I was sitting and just watching Matthew's sweet face.  I asked him to take a photo.  It was hard to wake him and take him to bed (Dan actually picked him up and carried him)...it isn't often that this happens anymore and it was just a sweet way to end the day.

No comments: