Matthew chose to have his birthday at "Big Al's" this year. I think he chooses this location every other year. It was his 3rd birthday there. Which is very "Matthew." :) He likes routine and tradition.
Because they only give you 15 minutes before party time to set up (and the room is very dark) I took some photos of the cake before leaving.
I kept things pretty simple. My friend Katie had just done a football party for her son, so she gave me the goal post and outdoor carpeting that she used, so that worked great! The seahawk was a simple transfer, so everything came together easily and quickly and was fun to put together.
The cookies are hard to see ~ a football and a helmet this time.
We took our family photos before leaving....Andrew was clearly thrilled about it.
All the grandparents made it into town for the fun.
The boys were all cute in their Seahawks shirts. I think Dan had fun with this theme. :)
Cute little buddies. Love how these little men complement each other so nicely.
Dan and his firstborn.
And this is where things fell apart. Matthew is a bit high strung & introverted like his mama. I can completely understand him in this regard. And while he does fine attending parties for other people, he feels stress and pressure when it is about him. He has done this before in the past and while he wanted this and chose the people who were coming to the party (and all were family or good friends) it was just too much for him. This was just the beginning of behavior like this for him this day and it made me sad to see what should have been a happy day for him...was actually quite stressful. It was compounded by the fact that he was very tired as he woke up very early that morning. We later talked about it and agreed we shouldn't do big parties for him anymore. I think just maybe 3 friends in the future will be better for him.
He was sweet and pulled it together for a photo with his Mama.
Matthew and his cake.
Up next...the party!!
No comments:
Post a Comment