My brother's family arrived and we attempted a family photo. Last year we got a great photo in one attempt. This year we tried a few times and called it good!
My camera was having trouble and I didn't get many great photos over the holiday. The flash wasn't working consistently for some reason, and my camera is an old entry level DSLR and even with the settings maxed out it just couldn't take the low light photos in the early part of the day and the evenings. So I was disappointed in a lot of my pictures. But enough turned out to remember the holiday.
First up was brunch!
And English crackers!
Love this one of Isaiah and Michelle.
Our brunch menu is simple and also traditional. Dan grills sausage, Mom makes an egg casserole with homemade salsa, I do a french toast casserole and we usually have fresh berries and pineapple. Cranberry juice mixed with 7up is a festive drink.... Followed by Christmas cookies!
And then finally, the moment the kids have been waiting for! Gifts!! Over the course of the holiday we celebrated with 14 people, so there were lots of gifts under the tree.
Love these excited faces.
Big boxes always attract lots of attention.
What's inside?!
So exciting!!!
Our little Repunzel. I have to say, I'm not a fan of the hair but she loves it.
These two are so cute together. They shared that chair most of the morning. Opening gifts side by side.
Once all the gifts were opened they were found in a corner happily playing.
Isaiah opened the last gift for the kids and then they ran off to play and the adults share a quieter Christmas together. It works out nicely.
Dan was pleased with his Scotch from Mom.
Sadly this photo is blurry. But Michelle brought back cashmere scarves from Scotland for us that were beautiful. I happened to buy a scarf for her as well (from my worldly travels to the local Nordstrom), so we had a theme going!
Proof that you're never too old to snuggle your mom.
We had a wonderful Christmas celebration and then Mike & Michelle left to get ready for the rest of their day and welcome Michelle's parents while we cleaned up.
After cleaning up we had around 10 minutes to spare before getting ready for church. My mom grew up in Los Alamos, New Mexico (where my parents met). We enjoy the food from that area ~ which is quite different from Mexican food elsewhere. Mom made Psole for lunch which was delicious.
Dan snapped these photos and I like them because it just captures a quiet moment at home....
The Diet Coke can is a definite fixture where my family is concerned. Andrew was working Legos at the table and I was giving Kitti a kiss. Dan had the "Yule Log" playing on tv. :) It was small peaceful moment in an otherwise very busy (but very fun!) day.
Up next was church and the living nativity!
1 comment:
I didn't know your Mom grew up in Los Alamos! My best friend (who is 86) was there for years and loved that area. Your Christmas has so many wonderful traditions. It makes the holiday even more special. (Glad to see that the original Mickey made someone very happy. :D)
Post a Comment