It's beginning to look like it has ADD. :)
Can you even follow what is going on with all of the fipping back and forth?
Here's another real time post.
I was planning on writing this tomorrow, but I am in bed with a cold and can't sleep. So I thought I might as well get a head start. I can only lay and listen to my thoughts for so long before I have to just get up (or at least sit up) and do something productive. I just hope my clicking keyboard doesn't wake Dan....
First, to all of those following my hair loss drama....I got my blood work back. My thyroid levels were fine, so my medicine is at the right dose. But I'm low on iron. Of the possible reasons, this was what I was hoping for! I did a little research and read a board about people who are anemic and hair loss is something that they've dealt with, so I am hoping that the supplement will help turn things around. I was a little bummed reading about how long it takes, but am just grateful for what appears to be an easy solution. I'm also encouraged that this is not how tired you are supposed to feel at 38. So that was great news! I have approximately 7 months of hair loss to grow back. Now grow hair, grow! (On a side note, I thought it was funny to read that "pale skin" was a symptom of anemia....perhaps I can blame my ultra white legs on that?) :)
The other little tip I thought I'd share has to do with skin care. My face had been breaking out horribly. Dan had even noticed and commented on it...I was at the point of going to the dermatologist and decided first to invest in a clarisonic. You can read about it here. I had heard great things about them but they are quite expensive and couldn't justify the cost...until I was looking at the cost of a doctor visit and whatever they would prescribe. As I started to tell Dan about it to get his buy in, I only got a few sentences into my "sell" and he said, "I think you should get it." Really, my skin was bad. So I bought one at the Nordstrom Anniversary sale and it's fantastic. I don't use expensive cleansers on my face ~ I use Cetaphil to wash my makeup off and then put Oil of Olay anti aging cleanser on my face (it has a bit of an exfoliant in it) and use the clarisonic with it. And it has made a HUGE difference! My skin is more clear, and less red...it's better than it has been in recent years. So I thought I'd share that if anyone else is enjoying a second adolescence with their skin! It was a worthy investment. It is the same technology as the Sonicare toothbrush.
Tomorrow at 10:45 is my appointment with Andrew's pediatrician to talk about medicine. My mind is swirling with what I have read about cerebellum stimulation, supplements, medicines, mind exercises to increase attention, and nutrition. I took my book to my hair appointment the other day, as I always do for when I have to sit under the dryer. My hair stylist asked "Do you always read to learn, or do you ever read for pleasure?" I realized after she asked me that, that my books in recent years have been on ADHD, Sensory Integration Disorder, Parenting, and different faith based books.
This is my current (and favorite) ADHD read.
I realized how in recent year's I've felt so uneducated on topics that are really important to where I'm at in life. I have squeezed in the Hunger Games and I'm a tad embarrassed to say, the Twilight series, which in my opinion weren't well written, but I couldn't keep myself from reading them through once I started. And of course, a list of children's chapter books that I read with the kids each night. The one I'm reading now with Matthew is this....
It's the first in a series and it's great!
I went to Andrew's classroom last week and was able to talk with his teacher and help out. He had a great day that day. She really likes Andrew and had lots of positive things to say about him. I haven't shared yet that we have a BIT meeting that will be in the next couple weeks to see if Andrew qualifies. I forget what the B stands for, but it's an Intervention Team meeting. She doesn't thing Andrew will qualify...she said he is reading above grade level, his math skills are at or above grade level, and she had some writing samples from class that while they weren't great, they are better than what is coming home in his planner each day. She said his writing needs to be two standard deviations below normal to qualify for OT, and she doubts he will. I am frustrated with that. The OT will be at the meeting along with his kindergarten teacher, his teacher, the special ed teacher, the school psychologist, the school counselor, and possibly the principal, if her schedule allows. So, we'll see what comes of it. I did feel encouraged seeing him in class though. He did quite well while I was there and was happy and engaged.
He also got a chance to play forward at the soccer game! That was great. And in fair reporting, Dan says that he has a good soccer coach and that someone might be a bit sensitive about her child. In fact, Andrew and Dan went to the field early this last saturday for team pictures before the game and I followed with the kids later. As I was pulling in to my parking spot a text came in from Dan that read, "Andrew is starting at goalie because he asked to." I thought it was funny he felt the need to warn me before I arrived. He knows when I'm on the edge.
Photos of Andrew playing sports reminds me of a puppy who is trying to get all its limbs to work together. :)
He had a good time, and I love the post game sweaty hair and pink face.
I feel like most of my updates have been central to Andrew right now because getting this sorted out is such the priority, but everything else is going great. Kaitlin is loving school and is my little helper.
She is loving gymnastics and school and still sings the funniest songs. She is such a character. A friend used the word "theatrical" to describe her. I thought that was perfect. Matthew is starting tennis tomorrow with his friend William. He is excited about that, and is doing just great as well.
This is one of my favorite recent photos of him from Sausage Fest last weekend. Which I'll get to blogging about some year.
'night!

1 comment:
after you pointed out the photo lighting problem at Baskin Robbins, I immediately thought, wardrobe malfunction, hahaha!
Post a Comment