Saturday, July 7, 2012

First Day of Summer Vacation!!!

summer-6 

(Thanks, Michelle for the doughnuts! What a fun way to start the day!)

We had my nephews over for the first day of summer vacation. It was such a fun way to kick off the summer.   I took a lot of photos from the day that pretty much speak for themselves. So I'll let the photos do most of the talking....first day of summer collage first day of summer collage2 summer-11
summer-20
summer-2 summer-13 summer-14
The boys wanted to sell something so I suggested a lemonade stand. It was just lucky that I had bought the table cloth and sign on sale at Target last summer and had left it in my closet. I had Otis Spunkmeyer cookie dough in the freezer from a school fund raiser, the flowers were left over from the night before, the paint I had used for the kids' "Welcome to summer" sign and I had just bought lemon juice from Costco. A lemonade stand was meant to be! It pulled together so easily and while I got the things out, the boys set it all up.
summer-12 summer-16 

(Isaiah was trying to drum up business while Matthew was reading). :) 

summer-17 

Of the two, Isaiah was definitely the more bold salesperson.

 summer-15 

A classmate of Matthew's was the first customer.   I was surprised at how many people stopped! (I had no idea how many people from school drive by my house daily!) I made 3 pitchers of lemonade and we ran out of cookies! 

summer-18 

Someone absconded with the flowers. Not surprising. 

The boys worked two shifts ~ they started right after lunch, took a mid afternoon break and then worked until Mike came to get Isaiah.  They did a great job.  

We packed a lot of summer fun into the first day.
The boys were SO busy the whole time. I was (happily) exhausted by the end of the day! I was really glad that the cousins had this day together.

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

What a fun start to the summer! We had a stand when they put a side street in next to our house. It was also one of the hot summers in Seattle. The road crew was out best customers. Sweet guys! We would also make Kool-Aid popsicles in ice cube trays with toothpicks for popsicle sticks and sold them for 1 cent. Fun times! Wishing you all a fun filled summer. xo

Jo said...

Fun times at the Zeamers ~ I want to spend the summer with you guys! :)

Jo