Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Pre-School Wrap up

fun day

We are done with pre-school!
The last week of pre-school wrapped up with "Fun Day" for the kids.  How cute are those little sailors?  :)  They "cruised" around to different rooms with various crafts/games all decorated to look like different countries.  It is organized by the parents & the kids have a great time. 

 preschool
The next day was the last day of school and I snapped a few photos in the morning before we left for school.  I'm always amazed at how much the kids change in the course of 9 months at this age.  Kaitlin's little face has changed so much. 
2012-150

Here she is on the First Day of Pre School
 2012-150a
 And on the last Day of Pre School.
 preschool-2

When she's in the mood she'll pull out these little poses when I'm taking her photos.

preschool-3

We had her evening program that night.

preschool-5

Nana brought this sweet dress back from one of her trips.

Kaitlin's teacher, Miss Beth (or "Miss Beff" as Katie says) was a wonderful teacher.  It takes such a special person to be a pre-school teacher!  She is so patient and kind with the children.  Kaitlin loved her.

2012-150c-4

Then it was time for the big performance!

 preschool-6

I always love watching the kids sing.  They are so cute.   Shannon and I have no shame about going to the front of the sanctuary when they are performing and sitting on the floor in front of where they are to take photos.  We are those parents.

2012-150c-3

Then we receive a book full of their artwork and a developmental review so we know what they have learned and any areas that they need work on.  I wasn't sure how Kaitlin would test, and she did great.  We'll definitely be ready for Kindergarten at the end of next year which was nice to see.

fun day-2

Her pre-school teacher used the following words to describe her...
"Bright" "Self-confident" "Very outgoing" "Very creative" "Sensitive."
 It was fun to read what her teacher's impression was of her.  I thought it was interesting that she called Kaitlin "sensitive" as she's actually our least sensitive child at this age.  Seems our kids are just that way!  She remarked at how much she loves to play with her friends and do arts and crafts. 

2012-150c-2

I thought her little "self portrait" was so cute.



2012-150b


This year went by so quickly!  I have to be honest though and say that I'm really relieved to be done.  But it is great to see how much Kaitlin grew this year.

I'm proud of you, Kaitebug!!

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

I have been noticing over the past couple of months how all 3 mini Zeamers have changed. The faces are less cherubic and all are growing taller. I am so happy for all the success this year (and a little sad at seeing them grow up.) Wishing you much fun and RELAXATION!!!!! this summer. xo

Kathy said...

I know what you mean, Jeannie. I've noticed the changes too and it makes me sad as well! The time went way too quickly. :(