We arrived to the recital and the pre-schoolers had their own room to wait in back stage. Guess who was the helper for that room? Auntie Shannon!!
Kaitlin was delighted. I think she'd move right in to Shannon's house if I let her.
Here was the bad part. I was trying to remember so many things when we left the house in the morning before Mike and Michelle's house that I didn't think about a snack for Kaitlin in the afternoon! I fed her breakfast when she got up and so she wouldn't eat at Mike and Michelle's...so when we arrived at noon for the recital one of the first things kaitlin said in the room was, "I'm hungry." Oh no! We were looking at 3 hour stretched ahead with a hungry 4 year old and no food. Not good. Shannon had a package of fruit snacks in her purse and the healthiest offering at the concession stand was caramel corn. So that's what she ate!
The girls were waiting in the hall before going out. Does the Bug look excited, or what?
Then the big moment arrived! Kaitlin's dance was called "English Country Garden." The girls were supposed to be flowers. :)
Oh my goodness. It was so sweet.
Kaitlin was not a bit shy or scared! I love her self confidence. I hope she is always so self assured. The world has a way of making us question ourselves.
At the end of the dance the girls forgot what to do, and Kaitlin was the one to lead the way to the final pose....
Which was a complete disaster in the cutest way possible. Kaitlin was waving to us in this photo. :) We ended up leaving at intermission. She had already been there for 3 hours and though she was supposed to be there for the finale most of the little ones just skipped out. It was just too long of a day for them. So we left too. We had a movie to catch!
Our little ballerina after her recital. So proud of you, Bugaboo! Her flowers were her favorite part. She put them in a vase next to her bed.
And a picture with Nana too.
I loved the recital. I loved watching Kaitlin. I so enjoyed watching all the dancers, and getting to see Shannon's daughter, Hannah dance. It was really fun. But I have to say, I definitely was relieved and happy when we were done!
One more Father's Day post to come!
1 comment:
The little ballerinas are so very beautiful! I love their dresses. Kaitlin's beaming face sums it up very well. It is so touching that she recieved flowers. So many memories that little one will have.
Post a Comment