On Pre-school mornings after I drop Matthew off at school we drive by a small park on the way to the highway. The kids call it "The Green Park." And every time we pass by, Andrew and Kaitlin ask if they can go and play. It will be pouring out and they'll ask to play at "The Green Park." (Named because of it's green paint on the play structure). I always say that we can't go because we are on our way to pre-school and then follow it up with a promise to go someday when it isn't raining. And we did try one day but all the parking spaces were filled and it was swarming with people and I hate crowds so we went to another park.
Today I went to do my volunteering in Andrew's class and was surprised to see a substitute...who didn't need my help. I was relieved as the Bug had fussed her way down the hall and things were not looking good. She's suddenly acting very four.
But back to the story at hand. I love when unexpected time shows up. And because we had some sunshine we seized the moment and headed to The Green Park.
Kaitlin had just been telling me in the van about how she likes to be out and not at home. She's our "on the go" girl and is always first in line to go run an errand. She likes to be out and about. She was SO happy to be at the park. And I was happy to make good on a promise. I hate having promises hanging out there. Sadly for the kids, I sometimes feel like I'm better at following through with discipline consequences and less on the fun promises. We'll just add that to the talley of the 2390 things that I'm working on improving.
The sun was bright. :)
She remarked this morning, "Look, Mama!! The blue sky is back!!!"
It's sad when the blue sky is an event that even a 4 year old notices.
We're all ready for some consistent sunshine.
In the midst of the fake "cheese" smile phase ~ I love when I can catch her real one.
I love that kids just have to jump. They just have to. There's no way around it. Jumping must be done.
These photos were all taken with my iphone. It does well outside at a distance, but I've noticed when I take a photo of myself at close range it is so not kind and adds about 10 years to my face.
But when you're cute and 4 and have flawless skin, an iphone is your friend.
I've stayed up waaaay too late writing this...the kids will be up all to soon to see what those mischievous leprechauns have been up to. Matthew's trap is set, and he's anxious to see if he managed to catch one. I love the excitement that the kids have about these things. It is so much fun.
The leprechauns have had their fun and there are 3 bowls of (much anticipated) Lucky Charms on the kitchen table and some gold coins to be had. Green Velvet cupcakes with cream cheese frosting are what I'm looking forward to. Something fun for everyone.
Have a fun and Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
1 comment:
I love the joy in kids at the park. It is like they have so much energy it lights up their faces. Happy St. Paddy's Day to you all!
Post a Comment