My posts are just all over the place. I'm going to get back to Kaitlin's birthday and Valentine's day, but I just have to record something that happened this evening.
It's been a busy day.
I got the boys off to school then came home for a half hour, scurried around doing laundry and getting things ready to go...headed off to a Dr. appt and then was home for 45 minutes before heading out to get the boys from school. Came home and got ready for Tae Kwon Do, gave the kids snacks, did everyone's reading with them and headed out after an hour and fifteen minutes of being at home to go to Tae Kwon Do.
Andrew had a rough time. The 45 min. wait while Matthew was in class wasn't fun for either of us and by the time he went to class he struggled so much that he had a stripe removed from the teacher.
Dan met us there and we headed to Quizno's for a quick sandwich. The kids were being totally crazy while we were trying to order and our moods dissolved into grumpiness. We ate quickly and headed to church for 6pm Ash Wednesday service.
I really wanted to go to the service, but was also dreading it because the kids were DONE. We were done. I was just ready to put everyone to bed.
Dan boldly sat in the 3rd row.
Turned out, the kids were great.
But the best part that totally turned it all around...and of all days to leave my iphone in the van...I missed one of Kaitlin's all time funniest moments.
This story will in no way do justice to the scene that unfolded. I know it isn't something that can be read and the humor of the situation understood, it's something that had to be seen. But by recording this here, someday Dan and I will re-read this post and remember this moment and see the image in our mind and have another good laugh.
In fact, I keep thinking about it and laughing all over again. I was just washing my face and laughing in the bathroom and Dan heard me from the other room and said, "That was something else, wasn't it?"
:)
So, Kaitlin is all about the music in church.
She loves it.
We sang the first song, and she was into it. She learned the last word of the chorus and would sing it loudly when it would come along.
That was her warm up.
By the time the last song came around, she was ready to go.
Dan had her standing on the pew in front of us, with his arm around her waist, and as the congregation sang "The Wonderous Cross" Kaitlin did this dance, complete with arm and leg movements, dramatic facial expressions and lip syncing that would put any Charismatic Evangelical church to shame. I think she might grow someday to find our conservative Presbyterian worship style to be too restrictive for her. :)
Dan and I could not look at each other because the moment we'd make eye contact we'd dissolve into laughter. It got so bad that I could not even look at Kaitlin, which is somewhat disappointing as I would have loved to have watched the whole display. The girl put her heart into it and kept it going through the whole song. I was sitting there laughing that silent laugh you know, when you're completely out of control and your whole body shakes and tears are going down your cheeks?
That one.
I'm telling you, that girl is something else....
4 comments:
I WISH I could have seen it!! So nice to see your family there! ;-)
I think she needs to go to the church I grew up in!
I love this! I totally saw you laughing and then noticed Kaitlin's interpretive dancing! I think ou are right that she might not be hanging around the Presbyterian Church much...or better yet, maybe she will be the one who brings about a charasmatic revival!!
Oh I saw it...and you and Dan trying hard not to laugh! Priceless. I loved it. Also impressed how well everyone did through the service given the day that you had. A wonderful way to start the Lenten season.
Post a Comment