This photo doesn't have anything to do with the post. I snapped it yesterday morning...Kaitlin did her hair and then wanted me to wear this bow on my head.
Just a couple moments this week I didn't want to forget.
A little background on the first. Kaitlin does not like to stop what she's doing and go to the bathroom. She'll fuss about it, and I'll ask her, "Why are you crying?" And usually Dan is at work when this happens and she'll sadly reply, "Because I miss my Daddy." The other part of the story is that Kaitlin desperately wants a dog. She LOVES Gracie's new puppy, Lily. She talks about her all the time...acts like her, thinks the cat door (from prior owner) is for Lily, and cries like her heart has been broken (something she doesn't often do) when she sees Lily and has to drive away. So this morning we had the fake crying because she didn't want to stop and go to the bathroom scenario. And Dan, who is strongly opposed to a dog at this time, will appreciate (or not :) ) this new twist to the story....
"Why are you crying?"
"Because I miss Daddy.....(then a pause as she thinks for a moment ~probably about how she can use this moment to her full advantage~ then mournfully adds...And I don't have a puppy!"
I don't think that's the last time we'll be hearing that.
~
The other day I scooped Kaitlin up and said, "Why did God give me such a cute daughter?"
She laughed and said, "Because you dreamed me!"
So true.
3 comments:
Adorable!
And just my humble, biased opionion - DON'T get a dog! I convinced my parents at age 10 to get one and will never forget the work. And then I nannied for a family that had a puppy and the dog was more work than the kids!!! Pets are great but way more work than people realize. You are wise to listen to your hubby and wait till the kids are older!
I'm sure I sound mean to all you pet owners but I promise I did love my dog and walked her daily - just know a dog or cat would put me over the edge at this stage of life!!! ;-)
Adorable!
And just my humble, biased opionion - DON'T get a dog! I convinced my parents at age 10 to get one and will never forget the work. And then I nannied for a family that had a puppy and the dog was more work than the kids!!! Pets are great but way more work than people realize. You are wise to listen to your hubby and wait till the kids are older!
I'm sure I sound mean to all you pet owners but I promise I did love my dog and walked her daily - just know a dog or cat would put me over the edge at this stage of life!!! ;-)
I understand what you're saying Rachel. Someday we'll get a dog, but I'm definitely not ready. I don't feel like I have the time/energy for that commitment yet (knowing full well that I'll be the one taking care of it!), or in the near future. But, someday! In the meantime, Kaitlin can dream.... :)
Post a Comment