We cleaned up from brunch and got ready for church. Kaitlin took a nap and we had to wake her up. She was NOT happy. Did NOT want to put on her dress. Did NOT want to do a picture. Pretty much did NOT want any of it.
We went to the children's church service which is always full of opportunities to smile. It's geared for the children with a re-enactment of the nativity by the kids ~ always an adventure & cute. :) All the children are invited to the front to sing silent night and hold glow sticks. Just precious. And while I do love the real candles, the adult service and readings, I know we won't get to be a part of this sweet scene for long and am embracing it while I can.
Andrew was very Andrew during the singing...His glow stick seemed to be used more as a prod than to be lighting up the world around him. :)
Then we headed to Mike & Michelle's where they had a delicious spread of food waiting for us. It was SO good. As usual!
We ate dinner and the boys were in the basement playing when all of a sudden there were heavy footsteps on the stairs and a, "HO! HO! HO!"
Matthew and Andrew dropped what they were doing and ran for Santa. Noah dropped what he was doing and ran for cover behind the sofa. And Isaiah stayed put, smiling like the Cheshire cat because he was in the know. Which is better for him, as he was never a Santa fan.
I love this picture as everyone came upstairs and waited for Santa to get settled. You can see Noah hiding in the back ground, and then Matthew's excited/nervous hands in the pocket pose, and Isaiah evaluating the whole thing with a new perspective....
Each of the children were called when their gift was pulled from the bag. This was the first year we got a picture of Isaiah on Santa's lap ~ he's much happier this way.
My kids love Santa, and Andrew had some questions about Jingle, our Elf. Santa confirmed that indeed, Jingle has been visiting and letting him know how they were behaving. Matthew later confessed to me later that he had been concerned that he might have been on the bad list this year. I asked why and he said, "You know, I've been hitting Andrew more." (Which is true.) Horrible to say, but had I known that, I would have capitalized on that opportunity with a little reminder from Santa to use your words! :)
Noah was so funny and told Michelle that he wanted to give Santa a cookie. So this is how he did it.
Bless his heart.
We were able to enjoy Michelle's parents, Dale & Glenda at dinner as well.
Wonderful seeing both of you ~ Happy travels in the New Year!
After touring around a bit to look at lights and stopping off to see our favorite house decorated with lights that dance to music we returned home, put Reindeer food in the yard (thank you, Sturgis' the kids had fun with this!) put cookies out for Santa, changed into our PJs and settled in for a reading about the birth of Jesus, and "The Night Before Christmas." I love how the kids are all snuggled in together in the above picture. We all like to be close. :)
We tucked our very excited children into bed, and while visions of sugarplums danced in their heads....
Santa came!!!
1 comment:
Thank for the great giggle!
Such a sad little girl in those photos ~ I'm sure that all change in a matter of minutes.
Kathy, you have such a beautiful family. I always admire how you keep life on your blog "real" and don't hide the bumps life throws our way from time to time.
The Santa shots are fabulous! Gotta love the perspective looks of the boys as they look on. Poor little guy in Michelle's arms ~ clever way of offering Santa a snack :)
Hope you all had a very Merry Christmas!
Jo
PS ~
Are you styling your hair differently? I really like it!
Post a Comment