Saturday, December 31, 2011

Christmas Day 2011

We had a very nice, very quiet Christmas day.  We didn't get dressed until the afternoon.  It was just a relaxing day from start to finish.  This post is going to have few words and lots of pictures.  Just happy moments and memories I want to remember....

day359-2-3

Katie received her "big girl bike!"

day359-23

Andrew was thrilled over his game.

day359

My 3 little loves.

day359-2

day359-3

The first gift I had the kids open was their ornaments.  I usually give them to the kids earlier but I couldn't find one that I liked for Matthew this year, until late in the month.  So

christmas day-4

I ended up giving him a tennis ball ornament. He tried tennis this year and really liked it.

christmas day-3

I forgot that I had already bought Andrew an ornament earlier in the year (a cowboy snowman on a rocking horse because he had a cowboy party this year and loved them as a little one) and accidentally bought him a second one ~ a nutcracker because he loves nutcrackers.

christmas day-5

Katie received a ballerina ornament.

Let the gifts begin!  The kids were really fun to listen to as they opened their gifts. 

day359-4a

The bug is in love with this cheerleader costume.  Slightly regretting buying it....

christmas day-6

Andrew was telling Dan about his gift ~ a sweet drawing.

day359-5

He was quite proud. :)

day359-6

And my gift from Matthew. Does it get any better than,"Me + You = Special" ?

I think not.

day359-7

Matthew has been building a lot of fun things from this book.  It gives him inspiration and then he builds with the pieces that he has and improvises with what he's missing.

day359-9

Andrew has wanted this Lego set for SO long.

day359-10

I was really excited to give it to him.

day359-11

Sweet girl.

day359-12

I made a book out of Matthew's first grade art.

day359-13

I have to say, it turned out really cute.  This is something I''ll definitely be doing again.

day359-14

He looked through it and told us about all the art...it was great.

day359-16

I saved these two gifts for last; love this photo sequence.

day359-2-2

Notice Matthew checking out to see what Andrew got?

day359-3-2

And then Andrew doing the same?

day359-15

Think they were happy?
Love it.  :)

christmas day-8

day359-18

The ipad.  AKA.  The other woman.  :)

day359-19

Time for stockings!


day359-20

Super Matthew!

day359-24

christmas day-9


day359-25


day359-26

A little girl bracelet.

day359-29

and a big girl bracelet. Dan hit a homerun.

day359-21

There was lots of bike riding in the house.
It was Christmas, after all.

christmas day-10

day359-22

christmas day-11

I love Dan in the background ~ watching his baby girl starting to flutter those wings a bit.

day359-28

My mind can't quite wrap itself around this yet.

day359-27

But then my heart will always be about 2 steps behind.

christmas day-12

day359-30

So excited to fly his helicopter from Mike & Michelle.

day359-31

We managed to dress for dinner around 2 or 3. :)
Prime rib.
Yorkshire pudding.
Baked potatos.
Green salad.
It was delicious.

We've been enjoying french dip sandwiches from this meal.

day359-33

I asked, "Who wants a picture with Mama?"

day359-32

"Me!"

day359-2-4

"Me!"

day359-2-5

"Me!" ~ Merry Christmas to me! :)

A lovely day from start to finish.

3 comments:

Jeannie said...

The photo with Dan and "Super Kitty" made me laugh aloud. Happy New Year, Zeamers!!! I hope 2012 is a year filled with triumps, laughter, joy, very few tears, healthy bodies, and many days making memories. xoxo

Jo said...

Great shots of your family from start to finish! One {of my many} of my favorites is Katie in her cheering outfit with cape while on her bike in the living room ~ love it! What a lovely lady in her new pearl goodness ~ Dan is a great Santa :)

Jo

JulieM said...

What a sweet day you had with your family! I am so happy you had such a magical and peaceful Christmas with your family. God is good! Santa brought some capes our way too :)!