Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving Feast 2011

COF Feast1

Katie got to attend her first Thanksgiving Feast on Tuesday!  I was really excited that I got to go and help out.

Dan took a photo of us before we left. And I'd just like to point out my vest. I was feeling quite stylish as it was a departure from my normal conservative (somewhat boring) choices.  Dan told me that it looked like Dog hair. Then I wore a coat to church last sunday and again, one of the boys told me that it looked like dog hair.

I receive no respect for my fashion risk taking in this house.

:)

Anyway.   Katie, my dog hair vest, and I headed out for her Thanksgiving feast.

The kids had their hats fitted during circle time. Kaitlin was the first and she thought it was quite silly.

COF Feast1-8

COF Feast1-2-2

COF Feast1-4

I love Gracie laughing in the background in this one. :)

Next stop was Creation Station, for craft time!

COF Feast1-5

COF Feast1-6

Kaitlin did not want to follow the example of the turkey as it had "boy colors." She instead, painted her turkey all red. She definitely has her ideas about things!

COF Feast1-7

Next up, the Feast!

The children sit around a paper fire and hear a story, read by the Pre-School director. They also see some of the items that the children brought in to share with "Share House" (a shelter) and how they might be used. They have been focused on the concepts of giving and gratitude this month. I love how this pre-school teaches character traits.-

It was fun getting to help out and see what Katie is like in class. I was thankful to get to spend the morning with her.  It's amazing to think after all the feasts we've attended at this sweet school, we only have one left.  I'm not sure where the time went.  This is the last year that I'll have a little one wearing a paper turkey hat!

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Perhaps the guys just have "puppy" on their minds and are wishing that Santa will bring them one? I know that is how my brother used to hint. Kaitlin, always color outside the lines!!!

Jo said...

These are always the best celebrations ~ so darn cute! I think you, your dog and Katie look fabulous. I wasn't aware that you were in the market for a new pet ;)

Have a great week ~
Jo
PS ~ I too have a fur vest and it doesn't get the fashion respect it deserves from my husband. ha!