Friday, November 25, 2011

Thankful for you!

thanksgiving1

We had a really lovely Thanksgiving. With the exception of some timing errors...dinner went smoothly and I really wasn't stressed at all about getting ready for the holiday. Everyone helps out so much and we have a great routine. I have everything saved on my computer (menu, recipes, shopping lists) and so it's very easy to plan. Not to mention, it helps that it's just family and everyone is happy to roll with the punches and if things don't go perfectly, it's not a big deal. I even got 7 hours of sleep the night before, which I'm certain is a record.

I told my Mom that I think Thanksgiving week is one of the busiest weeks of the year for me. Mom and I got up this morning for Black Friday at 5am and shopped for 15 hours! I'm wiped out, but there are a LOT of things crossed off my to do list, and so that is great.  I'm very close to being done with my Christmas shopping, which feels really good.

Tomorrow brings taking down Thanksgiving/fall decorations and getting ready for Christmas, so there is a lot to be done.....Sunday morning I have a special treat planned for the kids, and we have Advent wreath making at church...lots of fun things.  I'll post photos of all the fun Thanksgiving festivities as soon as I can, but for now, I am going to try to get caught up on some sleep and make sure the tooth fairy comes for Matthew.  He lost a tooth the day before Thanksgiving (he's missing both teeth on either side of his front teeth ~ he looks like Bugs Bunny!), and there were so many teeth lost that day that the Tooth Fairy wasn't able to stop by our house.... ;)

thanksgiving2

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
This year I feel especially blessed by many treasured friendships in my life.  I know so many really great people that I am fortunate enough to call "friend" that enrich my life in so many ways.  I truly am so thankful for each of you!

1 comment:

Dale Brunson said...

Thank you so much Kathy for letting us share your lovely family again this Thanksgiving. You had an incredible feast and everything was perfection. You are truly a master at organizing these events and for that we are all thankful. Thanks again for a memorable day.