Friday, October 21, 2011

Tae Kwon Do Wrap Up

I'm about a week behind in my posting. I feel like there is so much going on in the lives of the kids these days it's hard to keep up! 

tkd

It is with great relief that I report we finished our 6 month Tae Kwon Do commitment.

Whew!

That just took two days of commitments off the calendar for each week.

It has been SO good for Andrew though.  I'm really, really glad that we did it.  And we'll be signing up again as it's one of the things that is really supposed to help him, but I'm taking a break over the holidays.

I can see a big difference in Andrew from those beginning weeks/months of classes until now.  He still has his days, but overall he was doing much better at the end.  His instructors were so positive and encouraging as well ~ I always felt very grateful.

At the end, Andrew was often selected to demonstrate for the younger kids ~ wonderful to see him singled out as a leader.  This is a very positive change for him. 



This is a very short video but watch all the way to the end right before the video cuts off.  That's my favorite part.  So very andrew.  :)

tkd1

Matthew has really wanted to sign up, but we told him he needed to wait until next session. We wanted Andrew to have his own moment (something that rarely happens).  But I'm sure next session they'll have a fun time doing this together and I do think it'll be great for Matthew as well.  I highly recommend it for all kids ~ boys and girls!

No comments: