Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Delicious Day

delicious day4

My very favorite day this school year was last friday.
My greatly anticipated "Jammie Day."

It was a raging success.
Completely delicious from beginning to end.

It was so wonderful to be at home all day and just have the opportunity to be with the kids and also get some things done around the house.

This is honestly my very, very favorite sort of day.  Just being at home with my kids with nothing on the calendar.  Had Dan been able to enjoy it with us it would have put it right over the top, but these at home family days are just the best to me.

delicious day2

Katie spent a lot of time in this laundry basket.
I had fun photographing her.

delicious day3

delicious day1

It became her movie watching spot.

delicious day6

There was a lot of this.

delicious day7

And I wanted to photograph one of the kids' fall windows.  This one is Andrew's.  They each decorated one.

delicious day8

Love this.

delicious day9

And this too.  Matthew really wants an Angry Birds shirt.   You can imagine how much I want to buy him one.  He googled "Angry Birds," found something he could print out, and made his own shirt.  The boy is resourceful!  He has always been like this. If he doesn't have something he wants, he tries to make it.  I love that about him.

delicious day10

Shan, this is the Elfa drawer I was telling you about but can't seem to remember to take you upstairs to show you.  (I need to join a Costco Wired Ribbon support group).

Dan said to me the other day, "Honey, what do we need to do to help so that you'll have some time to finish up the bonus room closet?"  (That was a nice way of saying, "Seriously honey, the bonus room closet has been all over the floor for five weeks.  Can you get it done already?")  I loved how carefully he phrased that question ~ 13 years of marriage in his corner, right there.  :)    I simply haven't had the time.  But today I did!

delicious day11

My label maker and I had a ball together.  And it's 98% of the way done.  At last.  That feels like a major accomplishment.

It was really a wonderful, wonderful day.  I felt so refreshed afterward.  I really needed a day at home.  The kids did too. 
I am counting down to our next day off of school.
Jammie Day #2.
I can't wait.

1 comment:

Shans said...

Oh!!! I love the drawer! Excited to see the whole thing! You can get me inspired to finally get mine done in my bonus room and the mud room :) I loved Friday too!! Looking forward to more unscheduled days....somewhere in our future :)