Life has been a whirlwind for quite a while now.
We had a very busy summer which launched right into a very crazy school year.
I'm currently the busiest I've been since the year Katie was born.
I know I've said all of this before, but I do have a point.
I have missed the slower spontaneous moments with the kids lately because of the crazy schedule we're keeping.
One Wednesday morning when Andrew was home from school (no kindergarten every other wednesday) he and Katie wanted to have a tea party.
Honestly, I didn't feel like I had the time to even set it up and deal with what I knew the mess would be.
And I hated feeling that way.
So I obliged in spite of myself because I was happy that they still wanted to have a tea party..
They had milk with sugar and graham crackers.
Because it's all about the pouring and stirring.
And what fun is it without something to pour and stir?
I relished this moment.
And truth be told, I was running around like crazy around them trying to get things done before we had to head out and I hated feeling that way.
The kids are going up so quickly.
Too quickly.
And I don't want to schedule myself out of enjoying it.
Because to me, this is the good stuff.
Tea in jammies.
Little pinkies up.
Milk being spilled.
Too much sugar being added.
Good stuff.
In four weeks, our schedule will look better, activity wise.
In one year, Andrew will be in school full time.
And that makes me sad.
And so I hope to do a better job of allowing the kids to do things, without making our life so crazy.
I hope to do a better job of creating balance while they're still small.
Prioritizing our family.
It's one of the hardest things for me.
But I really want to be able to stop and take time for tea.
No comments:
Post a Comment