Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A Little Comic Relief

I've been really feeling badly lately that it feels like 80% of what comes out of my mouth is something like,
"Go potty and get your shoes on!"
"Let's go!  We're going to be late!"
And the one I loathe....
"Honey, we can't do that right now, we don't have time."

So I've been trying really hard to stop and do something, anything in the "fun" category of things that is non related to school or an activity or our daily routine.  Sadly, during the week, it's usually something short, but it's something.

Lately it's been a game of, "Guess Who."

Which is fun because I know Andrew and Katie so well that the first game I played with them I knew who they would choose before I asked any questions.  Katie chose the pony from the animal card and "Megan" (the most girly looking girl) from the people card.  Andrew chose the black doberman dog from the animal card and I wasn't exactly sure which man he would choose but I knew he'd choose someone with "dark skin."  :)  and he did.  And it's the first question he always asks, "Do you have brown skin?"  He just loves babies and "brown skinned" people.

If you don't know what "Guess Who" is, the premise is that you choose a person (or an animal on the animal card) and you ask a series of questions taking turns and narrowing down the field of possibilities until you "Guess Who" the other person is.

It's actually really fun.

When you play with Katie it's pretty easy because:
#1 She is ALWAYS Megan.  Without fail.

guess who

Or, she does this.....



The sweetest thing is listening to Andrew and Katie play together because he is so sweet to her trying to get her (unsuccessfully) to play correctly. I've been impressed with his patience. Not all of our family members are long on patience. :)



So funny.

I love little ones.

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

I'd be the little white kitty too, Kaitlin. These were so sweet. Thanks for sharing!