This is technically the team's third soccer game, but the first one we've been able to make. We actually could have gone last week, but I mixed up the time! oops. Andrew was REALLY sad. I felt REALLY bad.
I am pleasantly surprised at how much Andrew LOVES soccer and how hard he tries when he plays.
Andrew ran, and ran, and ran his little heart out. I think he maybe kicked the ball twice. But boy, did he run.
He is not an aggressive child and wouldn't take the ball away from anyone. The two times he kicked the ball was on defense when he was protecting the goal. He'd just run wherever the ball was, but sort of stayed on the outside of things. :)
He got to throw the ball in. I think that was one of the highlights for him. Love his expression.
There were lots of celebratory arm swings afterward.
It went on until the coach encouraged him to go play. :)
I didn't realize I caught this at the time, but look at Andrew's face. I think he was really tired, but he can wear the saddest expression. His little eyebrows do that when he's sad too and my heart turns into a puddle.
I'm not sure what the final score was, somewhere around 2-6 (Andrew's team lost).
But Andrew was SO excited after his team scored.
You'd have thought he scored the goal himself.
Good game, good game, good game.
Notice Andrew is last? He very, very often puts himself last in a line.
I see him do it at school, he does it at Tae Kwon Do ~ even if he's lined up farther ahead, somehow eventually he'll end up last. I just think it's interesting because he does that in other ways too. In our family he'll sacrifice his own desires for other people's happiness.
Anyway, I had SO much fun watching him. And the best part is that our kids are old enough that we got to sit and watch the game!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was such a treat. I really had fun.
Looking forward to the next game!
3 comments:
Andrew furrows his brows like Walt use to. I'm so glad that he loves the game.
Okay - photography help needed. What lens are you using to shoot these games? Whenever I try to capture James' games I end up with a lot of field and a tiny James - and am totally missing all of his priceless expressions. Help please. :)
Kristen, i know what you mean. Mine are the same way. I wasn't very far from Andrew when I took these that's why they look good. I have the same problem as you and told dan at the game that I need a telephoto lens. "uh-huh. I'm sure you do....". :) I cropped in on the one when they made the goal -- andrew was tiny in that picture too. It helps to do that but you lose resolution. Good luck!
Post a Comment