Tuesday, September 27, 2011

A Recipe ~ Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie

pie5

The weather on Saturday was beautiful.  After the game, we came home and enjoyed what might be our last dinner out on the patio for the season.

I made a frozen pumpkin mousse pie for dessert.  It was a new recipe, very easy, and surprisingly good!  My strategy for our busy weeks is to cook two big dinners on the weekend that we can eat for left overs on monday and tuesday because those are my busiest days.  I made pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for breakfasts before church on sunday as well and we had this great pie, so our tummies have been happy so far this week. :)

I wanted to share the recipe because it was really good!  It pretty much tastes like pumpkin pie but a much lighter texture.  It qualified for our "keeper" file.

Here's what the family thought of it....

pie1

pie2

(I didn't tell Andrew to wipe his face before I took the photo because this is truly andrew...he always has food on his face!)

pie4

pie3

That's 6 thumbs up! And we had 5 empty plates....enjoy!  We did! :)

Frozen Pumpkin Mousse Pie
Prep: 25 min
Bake 10min + freeze for 4 hrs.


1 1/2 c. graham cracker crumbs
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
6 T. butter, melted


Filling:
1 can (15 oz) solid-pack pumpkin
1 jar (7oz) marshmallow creme
1/4 c. packed brown sugar
2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1 carton (12 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided.

In a bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, brown sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9 in deep dish pie plate (I used a regular pie plate ~ it worked fine). Bake at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool completely on a wire rack.

For filling, in a large bowl, whisk the pumpkin, marshmallow creme, brown sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Fold in 3 1/2 c. whipped topping. Spoon into prepared crust. Cover, freeze for at least 4 hrs. or until firm. Garnish with remaining whipped topping. Yield 8-10 servings.

Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Jo said...

This sounds delish!
Perfect for our hot and humid fall that we are having here in the ... umm ... NORTH!

Jo