It's a glorious, lazy (yet productive), still in my pajamas and the kids are finger painting, crafting and watching too much tv sort of day.
My favorite.
I will have to shower for Katie's "parent night" tonight.
Later.
First, something funny.
I'm doing a top to bottom clean out of the desk, so every shelf, cupboard, drawer, etc is being cleaned out and organized so I can start the school year from a more sane place. (It's helping my mindset tremendously. Organizing is such therapy for me).
So, I was in the kitchen when I heard a far away panicked sounding...."Mama! Mama!"
"Andrew?"
"Mama!"
"Where are you?"
He sounded far away and yet close at the same time...so strange.
Until I rounded the island and saw this....
Oh that little boy just cracks me up. He was in tears (scared) when I pulled him out.
I held him and said, "Andrew what would we do without you? Our life would be so boring."
:)
And for fun, this is what my desk looks like at this very second.
Yes, those whole two shelves on the top left are filled with sprinkles. Do we have our priorities straight, or what?
I'm at the "getting messier before it gets better" part. I'm going through that pile on the table right there piece by piece, and I came across a quote that I had saved.
I wanted to record it here so I would have it saved and can recycle that piece of paper. :)
It's from the book "Parenting the Heart of Your Child" by Diane Moore (p.125). The quote draws a parallel between Jesus and parenting.
"A close look at Jesus' life shows a love that can be worn in everyday situations. Not just a dress-up, looking good, Sunday morning image, but a love that rolls with the punches and doesn't worry about image or self. Jesus was not trying to please people and make them comfortable. He was working toward their good, whether they appreciated Him or not. Since he did not fear their rejection of Him, he was able to love them even when they were in the process of humiliating and killing him."
So much good stuff in there to reflect on.
Back to the pile.... :)
3 comments:
Our cleaning styles are alike. I really would like to empty the whole house and then only put back what belongs. Of course, you are a little more regular about the cleaning out than this pack rat. ;-)
I've been doing the SAME thing! Going through every cabinet, drawer, shelf and tossing, donating, or reorganizing what needs to be kept. Totally refreshing. I'm a much happier mama when the house is organized. I wonder how long we'll be able to keep it that way!
I use to do this all the time when you kids were little. Of course I use to say to Walt, "in order to clean things out you first have to make a mess." When he would come home and see stuff from the closet sitting on the floor, his only comment was, "Oh you are not cleaning out the closets again." My goodness, it is a good thing I did that regularly, because look at the pile of stuff we sold when we left Alder as it was!
Post a Comment