Wednesday, June 22, 2011

School's Out for SUMMER!!!!

Last Day first Grade
We made it!

At 10:50 this morning, summer vacation officially started.

WOO HOO!!!!!

We just might not get dressed until noon tomorrow.

Above is a self portrait of matthew that he drew in the Fall beneath his first day of school picture. The one on the right is one that he drew in the spring under his last day of school picture taken this morning.

Love the freckles. :)

Notice how he wrote his name? His penmanship (which is not great ~ he's more interested in how FAST he can write) really has improved, though you can't tell much in this photo. Funny how he has the same space between the e and the w both times.

He hasn't changed drastically in appearance but he's changed so much in other ways.

But, I've said all this before, haven't I?

Moving on to my other little man.
We had to do a "silly" photo first.

last day of school2

That's silly.

AJZ last day of school 2011

This little one is going to be a big Kindergartener.
He can't wait.
He too, has made great strides this year.
I won't be quite as nervous about him starting school as I would have been last year.
I don't have academic concerns.
I have sit-in-your-chair-and-don't-bug-other-people concerns.  :)

Not to mention, I'll just miss him.
A lot.

last day of school6

Here's a classic shot. The bug holding her frozen Ego Waffles.
She likes them that way.
I think it's a hold over from when I used them for teething.

last day of school5

Just some more sweetness.

last day of school4

She can't wait to start pre-school.
I'm really excited for her.
Though I can't believe my last baby is starting school.
Crazy.

Noah came over today to spend some more time with us.
On the way here he kept saying, "I'm too excited!! I'm too excited!!"
While smiling his big dimpled smile.
That will turn a girl to jello some day, by the way.
And I said to him,
"Noah, we're so happy to have you!"
He replied with a smile,
"I'm so happy to have YOU!"

We picked up Matthew and Stephen at 10:50.
It was Hawaiian shirt day.

last day of school7

The last 1st grade walk to the van in the pick up line.

You can see all the construction in the background.

last day of school8

Our lunch time assembly line as I was putting lunch together.

The kids were indulged with their made to-order lunches. Ranging from mac 'n cheese, to hot dogs, to toast and cheese...with the special treats of juice (we're a milk and water family when it comes to the kids) and mini cupcakes for dessert as a last day of school treat.

last day of school9

Stephen rotated out at 1:30 and Isaiah rotated in.

I'm so glad the cousins could be here today.
It's been a fun way to kick off Summer Vacation.

isaiah

Looks like the "battle" outside has ended.
Boys are coming inside, which means computer time has ended.

Happy Summer Vacation!!!

2 comments:

Jeannie said...

Let the go times roll! Wishing you all a summer of fun and memories.

Jo said...

Yay for summer!!! Hope this finds you all still in your jammies and enjoying a slower start to the day. The pictures are too cute ~ what an advance in his fine motor skills. The lunch trays crack me up ~ the new lunch lady is in town :)

Have a great day ~
Jo