Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Mother's Day Cards

mothers day cards10

Andrew's card means so much to me because we've worked so hard on his writing and he's doing so well!
I actually thought it was Matthew's card when I first saw it!

mothers day cards11

His "d" is my favorite.  :)
This is a picture of me and Andrew playing cars together.  Love it.

mothers day cards9

Matthew made this book for me at school.  It has partial sentences that the children completed and then drew illustrations.  Here's how it read, with some (but not all) of the corresponding photos.

"My mother looks prettiest when....she's getting ready to go out to eat."

mothers day cards8

"What I love best about my mother is...She plays war with me.  
My mom always wins.  (Well some times)."

"When I am at school, my mom...
goes to small group {bible study} and shopping."

mothers day cards7

"Something I like to do with my mom is...play Mario Kart wii with my mom.  I like it.  It is fun."

And here's the one that had me laughing so hard.

mothers day cards6

Look at this photo!!

mothers day cards5

I asked for "a couple hours to myself" for mother's day.
And the above is Matthew's interpretation.
Dan, Matthew and I all laughed so hard.  :)

"My favorite food that my mom makes is...Cake and angel food cake.  I like it because it is good."

I loved the picture he drew.  I'm downstairs decorating a cake (he even drew my piping bag) and he and Andrew are playing in the play room upstairs.

mothers day cards1

And another card that Matthew made....

mothers day cards3

mothers day cards4

Treasured gifts.
And a road map on how to make my boys happy.
:)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

these are keepers!

Rachel said...

PRECIOUS!!! The picture of the kids and Dan "running" out of the house is hilarious!!! But where's Kaitlin's card??!!!

Jo said...

So sweet!
I had to giggle over the time alone ~ they are running away from you in the picture! Too funny!

Jo