I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I was awoken by the children and Dan with breakfast in bed. The kids were SO excited about the cards that they made for me, they couldn't even wait for me to get my glasses on before they were trying to have me see and read them.
This is my very favorite part of Mother's Day. Breakfast in bed ~ be it ever so simple ~ and homemade cards. I haven't photographed the cards yet, but they did not disappoint, and Matthew made a little book about me at school that was both sweet, and hilarious. But I will photograph it and post it soon. (It is a really, really busy week and so I'm just trying to do little bits when I have time to stay caught up.)
Aren't we a glamorous lot? Please note again, Andrew's mix & match jammies. Dan and I love his night time fashions. :) My gift was a new patio set, (which we have yet to have an opportunity to use due to the weather) but Dan did surprise me with a sleep mask which I was REALLY excited about. I am a light sleeper and we have a half circle window in our room that lets in the morning sun, so I am up with it every day no matter when I go to bed (leaving me pretty tired this time of year), so we were hoping this might help. I couldn't help but to laugh to myself last night with my sleep mask on and my night guard in that Dan must roll over at night and look at me and think about how all his wildest dreams came true. (Ha!) Or perhaps, cry out in terror. :)
We attended church and then had lunch at Lapellah, where Katie requested to use the bathroom no less than FOUR times. She has taken to trying out public restrooms, really just declaring that she needs to go and then once she makes it into the stall decides perhaps not. And it must be the GIRL bathroom. And the thing is, you don't know if she really has to go, so we have to take her!
We all came home and had naps (heaven!) and then I went off for a pedicure where I got to read a book! And the best part was that while I relaxed, Dan took the kids and did my grocery shopping! THAT was a great gift. Then back home for dinner, and I spent time cleaning out Katie's closet. It was quite simply, a perfect day. Dan tried really hard to minimize my responsibilities and give me an opportunity to have some free time, but feel appreciated as well.
I asked for a photo with each of my 3 little loves, who made me a Mom and who I love and adore more than they could ever know.
First, my Matthew who is growing into a boy of such integrity...he tries so hard to do the "right" thing. He is my kindred spirit in so many ways and I understand him without him having to say much at all. My Dad lives on through him in many ways as well, which is a precious gift.
My precious Andrew, who has the heart of a cream puff, so tender and sweet, yet so boyish at the same time. Andrew loves with his whole being and has had a self-less heart since toddlerhood. He would give any of his possessions away in a heartbeat if it would make someone happy. He already prioritizes other people before "things" & even himself, which is quite remarkable for a child.
My little bugaboo, (who was being pouty for the moment) has a personality that sparkles. She is cheerful and social. She loves people, and always wants others to be happy. She has a kind little heart and a temperament sent straight from God.
I remember being pregnant with each of these little miracles and as I felt them grow I would wonder who they were...I never could have imagined that I would be blessed with such amazing kids. I know they aren't perfect, and I can see their challenges and weaknesses as clearly as I see their strengths & charms, but they are perfect for me.
I love them to the depths of my being, and I am so grateful to be their mom!
1 comment:
Sounds like the perfect Mother's Day to me! A pedi, time to read a book, and shopping list knocked off? You better watch out ~ women will be lining up to get their hands on Dan! :) The photos of you and your little loves are just beautiful. Is that a sleeveless dress you're wearing? Really? I'm still layering here in the tundra. You look beautiful and SO happy!
Jo
Post a Comment