Dan and I attended a wedding on Saturday night. It was a friend of Dan's who worked at the CPA firm that Dan was employed with for 9 years. Our favorite friends that Dan used to work with were there and we had such a nice time visiting and getting caught up. It was so much fun to have an "adult" night out. We really appreciated Dan's parents coming to take care of the kids so we wouldn't have to rush home. The wedding was at 2 and we didn't leave the reception until 10!
We got up this morning and made the trip to Mom's house. Dan has been busy putting up blinds in the garage, hanging towel bars, fixing the sprinkler system, and just getting Mom's "To Do" list caught up. She does SO well managing the house by herself, but occasionally needs an extra hand. Mom made a delicious Ham dinner for us and we ate on her patio and enjoyed the nice weather (right before the big thunder and lightening storm!)
But lets back up.
The weather was beautiful, and so the kids played in the back yard. (This is the same day as the photos above...Katie just changed into a cute little outfit Mom had waiting for her...I'm not completely to blame for her ridiculous wardrobe). :)
She also had sugar cookies waiting from our favorite bakery.
Katie said her clothes were "too hot." And took them off. :) We are not used to the heat.
It's in the low 70s and it feels hot! I'm sorry if these next photos offend anyone, but I thought they were too cute.
Katie loves her princess underwear.
The innocence of childhood.
Buidling a "sand castle" in the desert.
The boys saw Katie in her underwear and disrobed into their boxers and started squirting one another with the hose...there wasn't really anyone around so I didn't say anything, but Dan drew the line when Andrew went in the front of the house and started riding the scooter in his "boxer briefs". Probably not appropriate, but totally cute and funny.
In the evenings the boys look in the rough (the desert surrounding the fairway and greens) for golf balls...
but ended up on the golf course tonight.
This was right before I got in trouble by a golf course employee for letting the kids play in the sand traps.
Ooops.
As I was taking the below photo, the thunder clouds were rolling in so we covered the furniture and headed indoors. It was quite a storm!
We finished the night with a sweet treat.
We'll attend the memorial service tomorrow at the cemetery and head home thereafter.
It's a quick trip, but we didn't want to miss the service.
It's a meaningful day.
2 comments:
LOVE your dress Kathy! You look absolutely stunning!!!
Look at you all dressed up! You and Dan look fabulous! How fun to have an entire day to celebrate and catch up with friends. I bet the children had just as much fun with their grandparents.
We MUST find a time to chat soon ~ so much to catch up on :)
Jo
Post a Comment