Matthew had a great birthday. And I had a great time celebrating with him. I love my kids' birthdays.
Matthew started the morning with Lucky Charms. The kids get to choose any cereal they want on their birthday. Grape Nuts, All Bran Flakes, and Cheerios are set aside. Lucky Charms are the most requested birthday cereal in our house. They have been SO excited for this treat. :)
It's the little things.
Matthew sweetly said this morning, "Mama, I like how you decorated the dining room."
Even though has party is next week and it will be at the local bowling alley I wanted his birthday to feel special so I set the dining room up to look like his party. (For my party loving friends, I'll share the details next week when I post about his party).
I love these series of photos of Matthew.
So cute.
Two of my favorite guys.
Matthew asked to wear his "m" t-shirt, but after going outside decided to change because it was so cold. High of 53 today. But I won't get started on the weather.
I went to Matthew's school and had lunch with him. He took me through the hot lunch line (it was his favorite: pizza day) and then "treated" me with his lunch card. :) He was a great date.
Then we went out to recess and I played my first game of wall ball in about 27 years.
I let Matthew and Stephen take photos and they thought that was the greatest.
Stephen took this one. It was an accident but I really liked it!
Buddies.
I signed Matthew out of school early at 1:30 because we had very important business to attend to.
A matinee of "Kung Fu Panda 2" with Grammie and Grandpa. It was really cute.
The kids ate their weight in sugar. As one should do on a birthday.
I surprised Matthew with some "Mario" candy at the movie. He was so excited. You can see him holding the container in the next two photos.
It's the little things.
Next stop, the Diner. (Matthew's choice). For chocolate chip pancakes for dinner.
Don't you hate looking at a photo of yourself and thinking "I really need a hair cut and color?"
Moving on.
We returned home to open gifts. Andrew and Matthew were so cute. I think Andrew felt like it was his birthday too.
We can now finish the whole Ramona series.
This was what Matthew really wanted...a Pokemon wii game.
He received some things to encourage his interest in the arts and writing...an origami set and a journal and a sketchpad.
Andrew was SO excited to give Matthew this great Lego set he really hoped for.
And a razor scooter to encourage some outside play.
(That is, if it ever stops raining and warms up.)
He was a wee bit spoiled.
This was the beginning of Katie's sugar insanity. She went a little crazy and was SO funny. She put on quite the show.
The Lego building commenced.
Followed by an ice cream cake.
Because the kids hadn't had nearly enough sugar yet. :)
When I went in to purchase the cake (I'll be making Matthew a cake for his party) the owner of Baskin Robbins helped me. An elderly gentleman that reminded me so much of my dad that it put a lump in my throat. He was so sweet and thanked me profusely for my business. It made me want to go and buy ice cream every day.
Make a wish!!
It was a wonderful day. From start to finish.
Matthew went to bed with a happy smile on his face. I went in to kiss him good night and he said he had a really happy day. I told him that 8 years ago he made me the happiest mom in the world because I had him.
Happy 8th Birthday, my love!
No comments:
Post a Comment