This picture just makes me smile. For a lot of reasons.
We had a fun St. Patrick's Day. The kids were anticipating the arrival of the leprechauns when they went to bed the night before. Andrew put his bunny and alligator by the front door to "guard it."
The leprechauns left a little surprise on "Andrew bunny" that got a big laugh. :) (I took video of the kids instead of taking photos, so I don't have many pictures of that early morning. I wanted to capture their expressions instead. They were so funny. Running all around and so excited. After they discovered all the mischief that was caused Andrew said, "I wish we could start the morning over and do it again." :)
The Leprechauns always have fun in the bathroom. The Bug was devastated when the boys used the toilet that had confetti in it. The boys however, thought it was hysterical. :) Boys love potty humor. At least mine do.
A partly dressed Andrew was collecting the shamrock trail left behind. The shamrocks led to all the mischief in the house (the kids were amazed that the leprechauns could take the train table and turn it over and put the storage drawers on top of it)....and ended at these...
"Mama, can you get it down?"
Kitti looked so cute, I just had to take some photos of her....
She was a happy participant because she was rewarded with this....
She didn't like all the talk of being Irish. (My Maternal Grandmother was full Irish). She would say, "Matthew, you're not Irish, you're Matthew!! I not Irish, I just want to be a 'Big girl!'"
Kids' literal interpretation of things can be so entertaining at times.
We had a minor hiccup in our day when I couldn't find any keys to the van...Dan brought the kids home from swim lessons the night before and put them in his coat and then wore his coat to work.
Long story short, after me imagining hiking the kids the 1/2 mile to school (which would have been sloooow going), Dan told me where an extra key (that I didn't know about ) was and we made it. But Matthew was late.
The kids had a fun lunch...
I set a festive table for dinner and when Kaitlin saw it after nap she said,
"It's so pretty, thank you Mama!
That made my day.
We enjoyed corned beef with cabbage, potatoes, carrots and turnips for dinner. It was delicious!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!!
4 comments:
This so reminds me of our house. One morning, a few years ago, Deonne took off for work with my car keys in his pocket. Which wouldn't be a big deal - except he was going out of town for the entire day. Leaving me stranded at home for an entire day. (We didn't discover the missing keys until he was well on his way to Charleston and I was trying to get the kids out the door.)
Needless to say, I was one unhappy mamma - and having to call in to work to say I couldn't make it because my husband absconded with my keys sounded almost as legitimate as my dog ate my homework.
So funny now. So not funny then.
Looks like you had a fun St. Patty's Day! Aren't these holidays with little kids fun!
I miss the days of the little green guy visiting our home. Always a fun morning of green :) If it makes you feel any better, I've lost my keys twice in the last week due to our "organized" piles throughout the house ~ ugh!
Jo
I think I said last year that I wanted to do a fun St Patrick Day with the kids. We are not one ounce Irish so it just slips by me until the day of. Ok maybe I need to have you send me an email next year :)! So fun to see the kids expressions. I was a little focused on our 2 month Gotcha Anniversary of Max :)!
Oh Yummmmmm
Post a Comment