I find that in the midst of the routine of the day
Laundry
preparing meals
doing dishes
there are little sweet spots.
Little things that the kids do and say
that make me pause
and smile
and think how lucky I am
to have the privilege to raise these little ones.

Kaitlin misplaced Dolly.
Laundry
preparing meals
doing dishes
there are little sweet spots.
Little things that the kids do and say
that make me pause
and smile
and think how lucky I am
to have the privilege to raise these little ones.
Kaitlin misplaced Dolly.
It was sad.
It's hard to go to bed without your Dolly.
But there was a happy, happy reunion yesterday!
(Dolly was playing hide & seek in the playroom).
Kaitlin found her.
"My Dolly!"
Lots of hugs followed.
She clutched her Dolly in her arms and walked down the hall.
As she walked I overheard her say to her dolly in her sweet two year old voice,
"I so happy to see you."
Today at lunch Andrew was talking to Kaitlin.
Honestly, it was sort of in the background and I wasn't paying too much attention.
Then I heard him start talking about Grandparents.
He was naming them and included "Grandpapa."
My Dad.
He said, "Kitti, Grandpapa is in heaven."
Then, in a sad, tender voice...
"Mommy's Daddy died."
I looked up.
His eyes met mine with a look of gentleness
and he nodded his head in this way I've never seen from him before.
As if he were saying, "Yes, Mommy it's true, but it's going to be okay."
Little love.
He has the sweetest heart.
He has the sweetest heart.
Matthew decided to wrote a poem.
It's titled "Me and You."
It reads:
Me and you
We are different in ways
We have best things to do
Me and you
I asked him about the meaning.
He said,
"I'm trying to say 'Don't do what other people can do.
Do what you can do.
We're good at different things, and that's okay.
It's a good poem because it has a lesson."
:)
These are my 'Sweet Spots' for Friday.
1 comment:
Don't you just love those unexpected moments that bring a smile to your heart and remind you how wonderful being a parent really is?
btw ~ love Kaitlins headband
Jo
Post a Comment