We celebrated Dan's birthday last Wednesday. (Still trying to get caught up on the blog!)
We had Matthew's parent-teacher conference that day. Shannon stayed with the kids so we both could attend. (Thank you so much!) And then took this photo of us before we left for dinner that night.
But first I have to share this photo of the kids making their cards for Daddy. I can't believe I now have 3 little ones old enough to sit around the table together and craft!
We went to our traditional birthday spot for dinner: Red Robin. (The kids love it).
We had a nice dinner and then home for presents.
The kids were excited to share the cards that they made.
The kids were excited to share the cards that they made.
Oh, that Andrew! :)
And we ended the evening with cake.....
(Nope, didn't make that one. Thank you, Larson's Bakery!)
Love Dan and Kaitlin in this one....
And just a cute picture of the Bug....
It was a simple birthday...but fun to be together as a family.
Dan and I were able to go out together this weekend for another little celebration: dinner and a movie. We saw "Morning Glory." It was really funny. We haven't laughed that hard for a while!
A BIG thank you to my in-laws who kept the kids so we could go!
After Dad passed away I wrote a list of things about him. I was afraid of forgetting him....I wanted to remember the little things. So in a similar spirit, I wanted to write a little list about Dan for the kids. Dan and I were able to go out together this weekend for another little celebration: dinner and a movie. We saw "Morning Glory." It was really funny. We haven't laughed that hard for a while!
A BIG thank you to my in-laws who kept the kids so we could go!
Your Daddy.....
Has the loudest laugh in a movie theater.
Loves God, has a faith that I admire and is dedicated to growing in it.
Loves a party. He has always loved a party.
Enjoys good wine and was thrilled to learn more about international wine during his recent trip to Italy.
Loves babies. We often (playfully) fought over each of you as babies. We both wanted to be the one to snuggle you. Before we had our own kids he would sit in restaurants and make faces at babies to make them smile.
Has always prioritized being with each of you. When his work has demanded long hours he always left to be home for dinner as a family, spend time with you, then worked after you went to bed.
He's a hands on Dad. He has always changed diapers and he bathes you at night and reads bedtime stories as well.
He is LOUD mostly when he's happy or excited. Your Daddy has a loud voice!
He whole face smiles when he smiles. Especially his eyes....it's one of the things I love most about him.
He has a fantastic sense of humor and is known for it. Your Daddy is FUNNY. (I love that about him too).
He loves spicy food & micro brews.
He loves football.
He loves the Yankees.
He's extremely loyal.
He has funny looking toes.
Mushrooms are one of the few foods he doesn't care for.
He gives great big bear hugs and is very affectionate.
Your Daddy is very competitive and has a strong work ethic--which is why he he has always been successful at what he does.
Your Daddy doesn't give up, and when faced with adversity he just works harder.
He is very confident and outgoing.
He loves to kick back and relax when your Mommy isn't hounding him with things to do. :)
He is a wonderful husband.
Your Daddy is great about taking the 3 of you places by himself. He does things I wouldn't do alone!
He has the BEST luck for finding good parking spaces.
He does a lot of things at the last minute (which makes me crazy) but it always works out for him.
He has a great mind for business matters.
In college, when we would meet to study at night he'd carry my backpack for me. I loved that.
When we got to the Student Union Building to study, I would study and he would socialize with everyone!
When I met your Daddy he was really outgoing and could talk to anyone...except me. He'd just look at me and smile....I used to tease him that I didn't worry about him talking to other girls. I'd worry if he couldn't talk to a girl! :)
And your Daddy loves you more than you can imagine. You are SO lucky to have him as a Dad. And I'm lucky to have him as my husband!
Happy Birthday, sweetheart!! I hope this next year is a great one for you!
I love you!
2 comments:
I wish we lived in the same town - we could have celebrated our D's birthday's together! How crazy would that have been - six kids at RR at one table? Ha!
What a great post in honor of Dan! Zack and I were belly laughing as we read your comments. Dan is such a great well-rounded guy and you compliment each other so well. It is a privilege and blessing to know both of you and your family! Your kids will appreciate so much the time and thought you put into your blog. An amazing gift for years to come - a lifetime, really! Happy Friday, my friend!
Post a Comment