
We celebrated my nephew, Isaiah's 7th birthday this weekend.
Seven.
It just doesn't seem possible. I so clearly remember getting the phone call around 2am that Michelle was in labor. We drove to the hospital full of anticipation. This was the first grandbaby. We were all SO excited. Boy or Girl? We didn't know.
I remember sneaking down the hall and standing outside the door of Mike and Michelle's delivery room and listening for the sound of a baby. :) I heard a cry! And I ran back to the waiting room to report!
Shortly thereafter, Mike came down with a camera and showed us his new...son. Isaiah Edward. We saw him and were certain he was the most perfect, beautiful baby we had ever laid eyes on.
I remember going to the bakery to get a birthday cake with my Mom and stading there debating, "How do you spell Isaiah?" We had no idea.
We spelled it wrong.
And now, Isaiah is seven. He's a handsome little guy, with a friendly smile, a fun personality, a love for sports, and a sweet little heart under it all. When I picture Isaiah in my mind I picture him smiling. I think that says a lot.
We celebrated Isaiah's party at a local rec center and the kids had a ball playing with footballs, basketballs, and Dodge Balls. They ran, ran, ran, and then we stopped for some pizza, presents and cake. (Which I made and I'm sorry to say, was incredibly dry. I had the WORST time trying to bake these cakes! I forgot to put the baking powder in the first batch. The second two sets had their own issues--that made them not so great, but the filling was so good. Cookies & Cream! My new favorite.
It was fun to have the kids together. They always love to see each other. It's wonderful to see their little relationships growing.
Happy 7th Birthday Isaiah!
WE LOVE YOU!!!
And a few other photos from the party....
Noah, reviewing his options. "Hmmmm, To Throw, or Not To Throw?"
Dan playing with the little boys. Not sure who had more fun. (I think Daddy).
Kaitln loved running, running, running. She thought this was a GREAT party.
Got it!
Dan reliving his college football "Glory Days" in his Idaho Vandal Football jersey.

Go long, Boys!!






1 comment:
What a nice birthday party report and sweet tribute to Isaiah. He's lucky to have you for an Aunt. Thanks for coming to the party, and especially for the beautiful cake!
Michelle
Post a Comment