I had the honor of being Andrew and Matthew's guest in their classrooms for Muffins with Mom this last week. Tuesday was Andrew's class, Thursday was Matthew's.Andrew was so sweet. A grandmother who was there remarked, "He's so excited to have you here!" He was. And I enjoyed every minute of it as I know it won't last forever. But he was so cute the way he kept looking at me and smiling. The age of 3can be so precious.
The first thing we did was make this special craft. Andrew drew me with my eyes closed. "You're sleeping!!" That was HILARIOUS to Andrew. If that wasn't funny enough, I drew Andrew with his tongue sticking out. He loved that. Here he is admiring himself.
Here is our beautiful craft...
We did circle time and the kids introduced their Mommies. Andrew said my name was "flower." I think that's a lovely name. I'll take it. Then the kids sang a sweet song about loving Mommy.
Andrew singing....
And then we ate our muffins opened our gifts. Andrew was happy to help me with mine. (Another Mommy asked if she could take a picture and took these--how nice!)
And the kids were asked "If I had a million dollars I'd buy my Mommy...."
Andrew said, "A cookie." :)
My special card from Andrew...
Thursday was Matthew's turn.
The first thing we did was make a crown for one another.
And the teacher took pictures of all the mommies. This Mommy in particular looked a little tired...but oh so happy to be with her little man.
We did "Circle Time" with the kids and then they sang a few songs for us...
And even did a puppet show! (Here's Matthew as the Zebra).
We received beautifully wrapped gifts, and pretty flowers.
Matthew helped me unwrap the neat plate he made.
It's a picture of Me and Matthew.
And here was one of my favorite parts. (I love to see what kids think about things). The kids answered questions "All about my Mommy." Here were Matthew's answers:
My Mom's age is: "25 years old."
My Mom is as pretty as: "A Lady bug."
My Mom's favorite food is "pizza" but mine is "chocolate ice cream."
My Mom is so funny when: "She talks on the phone with her friend and laughs a lot."
The most special day I ever spent with my mom: "is when we sit down next to each other." (It's always the simple stuff that means the most...Matthew likes it when I sit next to him on the sofa).
My Mommy's favorite tv show is: "The News."
If my Mommy was a princess she would be: "Cinderella." (My favorite!) :)
I've done "Muffins with Mom" with Matthew for the last 3 years. This was our last one. I felt a little sad about that.
I had such a great time with my little men. Very special days!












No comments:
Post a Comment