Me too!! Are you excited to know the most recent target?
Drumroll please.......
Are you on the edge of your seat?
It's....
THE LINEN CLOSET!!
The Tulips aren't quite in full bloom (we've had a cold spring) so we pushed back our trip to the Tulip Festival until next weekend. So Dan and I spent today getting caught up on a few things and cleaning out the Linen closet and Guest room closet. Do you want to see it?
Okay, but first I'll share my latest organizing discovery.
My mom told me about these neat bags but I was slow to get on board. I'm a believer now. (Thanks for the tip, Mom). They're "space bags." Ever heard of them?
You put your things in a bag....
(In retrospect I should have chosen a different one...this bag had Dan's college wool Letterman blanket in it that is already pretty dense, but watch the right side of the bag).
And then vacume the air out!
They make the funniest looking packages...but really save a lot of space!
So here's the finished product!
Did you notice there's even part of an empty shelf???
And here are all the space bags hidden off to the side...
And Diane, look up top--see the photo albums like we talked about? It worked great! (Diane has been my long distance organizing consultant). Thanks, friend.
I'm starting to feel much better about the state of things around here. We've gotten rid of so much stuff. There's room to breathe again. Still a way to go, but we're getting there.



No comments:
Post a Comment