As the year ends the papers start coming home. Oh, the papers! This was the content of the boys' backpacks on the day before the last day of school. I was really proud of Andrew that he had school supplies at the end of this year. Over the course of the year he managed to lose every single school supply he had by the end of the year last year. Even the pencil box. He came home with a zip lock and a few broken crayons. :) Not this year!
And before that, this came home....
Just staying on top of the papers & "stuff" during the school year is a task in itself. I'm always relieved to be done with this responsibility for the summer. I do not miss it.
One of the many things I was scrambling to do at the end of the year was pull together "thank you" gifts. The flowers were for our school secretaries whom I pester a lot taking Andrew in and out of school. I'm trying to stay on the good side of the attendance secretary. I went to IKEA and found inexpensive vases, then to Costco and bought a mixed bouquet that I arranged between the two vases and attached cards. It worked great!
The small gift bag in the center was for Matthew's teacher and the large basket was for Andrew's. I felt like I needed to do something really special for her as she spent so much extra time communicating with me, attending meetings, advocating for Andrew and also just giving him extra time and attention. It was so appreciated.
His teacher is a little hard to buy for...I ended up doing a little kitchen basket for her that included a gift card to New Seasons which seemed to suit her tastes.
I found these little ones in the kitchen one day. I'm just going to go right ahead and take that as a hint.
Kitti even taped feathers to the sides so she'd be an "angel dog."
That girl.
She is so funny.
I'm really excited because my next post is the last day of school! I am going to try to do a post each night this week to get caught up a bit on my blog. I'm woefully behind!
No comments:
Post a Comment