Sunday, July 21, 2013

End of Year Pre-school Program

preschool performance-2

(Kaitlin is not wearing blush in this photo, I was playing around with my new editing skills trying to add a bit of pink to her winter white complexion and went a bit too far). :) 

The evening of Kaitlin's last day of school was her end of the year program.  We were racing to get there in time to get a seat and didn't stop to take photos at home.  Instead we took some outside of the front of the church.

 preschool performance

 preschool performance-3

Besties.

 grace preschool performance-2

Kitti and Gracie filing into the church with their class.  This photo is so them.  Grace with her shy, reserved smile (though she is not shy or reserved at home, she is in situations like this)  And Kitti happily waving to her admirers. :)  I love the balance of their personalities. 

 grace preschool performance-3

I love this photo of Kaitlin and her joyful expression.  You can see how much she loves to perform.

 grace preschool performance-4

Kaitlin felt a curtsy would be an appropriate finish to the song.

 grace preschool performance-5

She is so funny.

preschool performance-4

One of my very favorite things is the "self portrait" that the children paint.  I love that Kaitlin gave herself a bow and some very fine fingernails.

grace preschool performance-7

We received Kaitlin's scrapbook for the year, which is a treasure.  Included is her progress report, which she did great on, and also had notes written by her teacher.  She wrote about Kaitlin's joy for life and how much she will miss her singing.  :)  Apparently she sings about everything in Pre-school too!

grace preschool performance-6

Kaitlin and Miss Monica.

grace preschool performance-8

The pre-school director, Miss Sharon, whom we love.  She attends our church as well, so we will be happy to get to see her there too.  It's really her love for these little ones that sets the sweet tone for the school.   She truly cherishes each of these kids.  I told her that she'll always represent this sweet time in our lives. 

grace preschool performance-10

grace preschool performance-12

grace preschool performance-11

I snapped a few quick photos as we were walking out the door.  The walls to the sanctuary were coming down the next day for our big remodel.  The pews had already been removed, and I wanted a few last photos.

grace preschool performance-13

grace preschool performance-14

People wrote messages on the walls before they were knocked down.

grace preschool performance-15

The choir loft.  I love to close my eyes in church and listen to the choir ~ it's so beautiful.

And with that, we ended our time at Circle of Friends Pre-school.  On to Kindergarten!

1 comment:

Jo said...

Katie looks adorable ~ love that she has no fear of being on stage. I'm more of a Grace, not comfortable in the center of attention :)

Jo